Senior Associate, Digital Media Sales Enablement (Retail Media Network)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle an agency of dentsu.
As a Senior Associate of Retail Media Network Sales Enablement you will be responsible for supporting the sales team throughout the sales cycle, taking on special sales-marketing related projects, developing digital media plans and supporting pitch responses that adhere to best practices to deliver against supplier goals. You will partner closely across departments to ensure sales plans are integrated and campaigns are executed accordingly. You will be working closely with a Retail Media Network client as part of our New Stream Media capability.
- Manage seasonal initiatives & account-driven sales planning & activation strategies based on unique program objectives
- Support sales & marketing strategy teams with key external-facing deliverables & collateral
- Support the pre-sales process to develop media plans and ensure campaign execution will meet criteria to achieve client’s goals
- Understand and adhere to various media and creative specs across channels
- Update media plan impressions and budgets post-client commitment
- Observe and evaluate trends of media campaigns and communicate optimization recommendations accordingly
- Support in providing reporting for campaigns; considerate of past/similar campaign performance and category benchmarks
- Serve as the sales team’s conduit between activation departments throughout the pre- and post-sales cycle
- Master reporting tools to support new, scalable metrics to drive deeper insights and improved vendor relationships
- Support delivery leads during new product rollouts to develop general sales collateral for go-to-market activation
- Support sales & finance teams with key financial tracker inputs and SalesForce management
- 1+ years of experience in digital media sales support, account management, digital media planning or other related role
- eRetail, CPG, or Retail Media Network experience a plus!
- Understanding of the digital media marketplace and advanced data management platforms and tag management solutions
- Methodical, well-organized, and detail-oriented
- Genuine curiosity with how things work; motivated, self-starter
- Strong communication skills
- Expert in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Experienced in SalesForce
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.