Director, Sponsorship Consulting
MKTG S+E is a global integrated agency that harnesses the power of sports and entertainment to impact human behavior through meaningful marketing solutions and experiences. Our key differentiator is “knowing people better than anyone else” and using deep consumer insights to establish powerful connections between sports properties and brands.
Across strategy, measurement, content, hospitality, and events, we connect the sports and entertainment industry and companies around the world to deliver meaningful marketing solutions and experiences that are truly differentiated. The experiences that we create engage customers, build memorable brands and deliver value. MKTG S+E is a part of the broader dentsu Sports International network.
By joining MKTG Sports + Entertainment, you’ll join a team of innovative, creative and caring people. We know that our agency’s success relies on the achievements of our team members – who we genuinely care about and value. MKTG S+E is led by our core values which focus on collaboration, community, inspiring change, pursuing excellence and celebrating bravery – all of which are foundational to our culture and how we treat each other and our clients. This is an opportunity to produce career-defining work. Along the way, you’ll team up with inspiring colleagues and encounter a richness of clients, cultures, and experiences. We offer exciting challenges, memorable experiences, and opportunities to shape your future.
MKTG Sports + Entertainment is looking for a strategic and creative Client Leader to join our team to work with our roster of Fortune 500 clients. This is an amazingly diverse position and we want someone who will play a vital role in assisting 2-3 clients on best-in-class partnership strategy, activation, rightsholder management, and measurement. Excellent communication and client servicing skills are paramount in this role.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional with relevant experience to manage strategic, integrated brand marketing and activation campaigns with leadership companies. You will work with clients and partner with teammates to implement exceptional branded activation programs. Successful employees will approach unexpected challenges quickly and creatively. You will report into the Vice President or Senior Vice President and lead a skilled team of marketers.
- Develop fully integrated strategic solutions to client challenges
- Lead junior teams to ensure flawless activation and deliver client goals and objectives
- Regular communication and collaboration with clients, rightsholders and other client roster agencies to ensure best-in-class solutions
- Collaborate with sanctioning bodies and rightsholders to help develop outstanding marketing partnerships
- Write and develop key documents including POV documents to client-ready status
- Play a key role in agency new business activities including ideation, presentation writing and presentation delivery
- Maintain oversight on activation programming including overall annual and per-event budgeting
- Understand project budgets and manage costs while adhering to both client and internal guidelines
- Frequent travel is required
- Demonstrated strategic acumen in multiple industry categories
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- An understanding of the sponsorship industry and experience working on high-profile sponsorship programs involving properties such as the NFL, NASCAR, NBA, MLS, PGA TOUR, NHL, USOC, and/or MLB (not including sales, operations, or athlete management experience), as well as high-profile Entertainment properties
- Ability to craft and present high-level sponsorship concepts to senior client leaders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of and experience with the full marketing mix, social media, content marketing, influencer approaches, and marketing promotions
- The ability to work with colleagues, talent, and clients, recognizing the need to adjust communication style according to the audience
- Ability to generate creative solutions to business and marketing challenges facing our clients
- Contribution to internal activities (team building, events, off-sites)
- 7+ years of directly related experience
- BA/BS in a Marketing or related
We’re proud to be different and that starts with our people. To us, representation means more than just diversity, it means true equity. We won’t define people by their race, gender, sexual-orientation, age or disability. Individuality is what makes us great, we want everyone to bring their full self to work and create something amazing. We are constantly evaluating our practices and policies, creating and sustaining pathways to promotion, and intentional in how we create and distribute resources, giving people what they need to grow. That’s what we care about. So, whether you’re joining us, or looking to move to a different part of the business, we work hard to make sure we create opportunities for everyone. We offer team member support through flexible working arrangements and schedules that promote work/life balance along with progressive parental and caregiver programs as well as opportunities to give back to the community as part of our global social responsibility efforts.
If you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.