Internal Audit Senior
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.
This role will work with the Dentsu International “DI” (prior named Dentsu Aegis Network) Risk & Audit team to ensure successful completion of assigned audit engagements, from start to finish, inclusive of planning and reporting activities. Assist in identifying risks within the business while examining and evaluating the adequacy of controls available to mitigate those risks. This role primarily involves working across the Americas region, though may also involve other parts of the Group in the EMEA & Asia Pacific
- Conducts assigned audit engagements across the entire audit life cycle in line with IIA and DI Internal Audit standards
- Work with the Risk & Audit management team to maintain and develop relationships with key stakeholders (e.g. Regional & Country Finance Directors) to help ensure the audit work is carried out adequately and addresses the key risks in the Group
- Work with the business to facilitate improvements in the control environment to mitigate risks to an acceptable level
- Ensure that reported actions agreed with management are followed-up to establish whether they have been carried out to an acceptable level
- Assist with the preparation of the internal audit plan as well as appropriate Management and Audit Committee reporting
- Work with other team members to ensure audit work and other projects undertaken throughout the Group provides appropriate assurance
- Assist in the continuing development and improvement of the Risk & Audit team (e.g. by refining the Internal Audit methodology or developing audit programs and testing procedures)
- Carry out and oversee other work as required (e.g. Investigations or Project Reviews)
- Previous audit experience (financial & operational) in a Big 4 or global enterprise, although candidates with a strong industry and financial background may be considered
- Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Good relationship management capability, including dealing confidently with senior management
- Enthusiastic, confident and a team player
- Flexible and positive approach to work
- Up to 50% travel both domestic and international. At times up to 2-week blocks of time (currently travels are on pause, possibly to restart in 2022)
- Able to pay attention to detail while having the ability to see the ‘big picture’
- Organized and able to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Able to conduct remote audit work efficiently
- Additional languages skills such as Spanish or Portuguese are a plus
- Experience in Data Analytics, IT Audit and Investigations are a plus
- Relevant audit qualifications; e.g. CIA, CPA (or equivalent) are a plus
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.