Strategy VP - Health
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Health Strategy Vice President will join a team of talented and experienced marketers that focus on helping Merkle clients achieve their business goals through deep understanding of their market and customers. Merkle’s marketing capabilities in both the digital and physical help us construct a solution for each client to help achieve their goals. This role requires deep experience in both Healthcare Professional and Direct to Patient marketing as well as Customer Experience Transformation.
This role will be a leader in the contribution of Merkle’s presence in the Healthcare sector. There are 3 key components:
- Industry Thought Leader: Strengthen our market presence and leadership position in the Healthcare vertical through thought leadership. Ensure the Merkle positioning is differentiated in the marketplace and in line with our overarching brand leadership as a data-driven agency partner.
- Strategic Planning Expertise: Construct solutions and deliver strategies for our clients utilizing data and insights. Build trusted relationships with clients, lead a disciplined planning process across teams and stakeholders and champion the vision of customer-centric marketing.
- New Business Development Solutioning: Act as an integral part of the pursuit team in New Business Development efforts, leading efforts to understand the client challenges and opportunities to design a winning integrated Merkle solution.
- Business Acumen: Works with the client to understand and help define future state business objectives and key success metrics to drive growth and competitive advantage.
- Strategy Solution Development: Developing marketing and strategic planning solutions communicated both in writing and in person through presentations.
- Data Proficiency: Working knowledge of digital and database marketing strategies including the use of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party data and how this data can be used to drive targeted and personalized programs.
- Marketing Research: Understanding how to use both quantitative and qualitative research to better understand customer needs – and how to extend that knowledge into targeting and messaging.
- Customer Engagement Planning: Defining the value exchange, designing a messaging architecture, providing insights into media and channel usage and customer journey mapping.
- Measurement, Testing and Optimization Analytics: Working with the analytics team to utilize segmentation and a measurement framework to evaluate program and campaign effectiveness, as well as designing testing strategies to prioritize investments.
- Technology Proficiency: Posses an advanced understanding of the rapidly evolving role that data and technology play in delivering the optimal Customer Experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- 15+ year experience in data driven marketing – specific Health experience required.
- Proven experience in developing solutions to support the sale of new services to clients.
- Strong writing, presentation and client facing communication skills.
- Experience translating data analysis into actionable marketing recommendations and presentations.
- Ability to leverage business experience / acumen to identify new business and marketing opportunities.
- Self-starter with high intellectual curiosity, drive, determination, and persuasion skills.
- Comfort and experience working within a highly matrixed organization in roles with a wide degree of latitude.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.