Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
LOCATION - MD, PA, NY office is preferred but will consider all.
Analyst will use knowledge in quantitative database marketing and an understanding of business processes to develop technical solutions for business issues.
Perform advanced analytics tasks, including but not limited to:
- Data Analysis and Mining
- Customer profiling
- Assists in determining quantitative methods for solving client issues
- Assist in presenting ideas and findings to future and existing clients
- Proactive and effective interaction with other internal groups throughout Merkle
- Evaluation and improvement of internal tools and processes
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required
- Experience with SQL Required
- Experience with SAS, R or Python preferred
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to explain/present complicated/advanced analytical methodology and results to non-technical audiences
- Ability to discover hidden insights from un-structured business problems
- Ability to translate analysis insights into actionable recommendations and strategies
- Possess core database marketing knowledge such as understanding of relational database concepts and direct marketing concepts
- Possess core analytical competencies such as ability to formulate an analytical problem; QC data and results; Summarize key findings/insights; Make actionable recommendations; and develop new and innovative analytical solutions to solve challenging business problems
- Possess client/team engagement competencies such as gather specifications, develop analytical roadmap and approach and manage expectations, and coordinate delivery with internal team
Bachelor's Degree (B.S.) or equivalent in statistics, math, economics or related scientific/quantitative field; Advanced degree preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in quantitative marketing arena, in database and/or digital marketing
- Contribute to innovation, process improvement, standardization
- Deliver high quality analytical solutions on-time
- Develop project plan; manage the day-to-day tasks; and meet project deadlines
- Work effectively across teams to ensure client satisfaction
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere. This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.