Media Analytics Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote applicants in the U.S.! Most DWA teams are based out of Austin, Boston, Chicago, SF, and LA, but open to fully remote as well.
We are looking for a highly qualified analytics professional with experience optimizing multiple digital marketing channels, leading high visibility projects, and managing direct reports. As a Media Analytics Manager, you will be focused on supporting our digital media business (PPC, video, display, paid social). You will provide analytics direction on strategic accounts, with a focus on client engagement while guiding associates to improve our clients’ digital marketing programs. The Media Analytics Manager will serve as a primary point of contact between many of our clients and stakeholders, managing and enhancing our clients' digital measurement. You will also be part of a growing, multi-faceted analytics team that develops advanced analytic solutions for top companies in the tech industry.
- Architect solutions and provide optimization recommendations that drive results on client campaigns and objectives.
- Provide thought leadership and guidance in the development of client-facing presentations and results read-outs.
- Translate data into human insights and stories that drive change in digital marketing strategy and tactics.
- Oversee the coding of data extraction, transformation and models by associates in SQL and Python (R a plus but not required).
- Quickly understand multiple data sources and develop methodology for joining data that will add value.
- Oversee development of custom performance reporting and analyses across multiple channels/clients.
- Partner closely with leading partners such as Google, Facebook, LinkedIn and other data partners to take advantage of new measurement features and learning opportunities.
- Work with various internal stakeholders to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner.
- 4-6 years of experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple digital media channels
- Experience managing a team of associates or other quantitative thinkers
- Strong problem solving and consulting skills
- Experience in optimizing entire media plan is desirable
- Experience with mobile and video advertising in paid social and display. Exposure to Facebook and Google digital media platforms desirable.
- Experience designing and measuring media and audience-based tests
- Understanding of relational databases and audience-based platforms
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Bachelor's Degree in statistics, economics or related quantitative field required; advanced degree preferred
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.