Programmatic Account Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We’re looking for someone passionate about delivering data-driven programmatic and display for clients to join our Programmatic team, who enjoys working part of a diverse team and taking a hands-on approach to driving business value for our clients. The Programmatic Associate Director role involves leading and connecting integrated media teams, acting as a trusted strategic advisor to clients, whilst overseeing media excellence and display performance to drive client business value.
The Associate Director role involves developing and overseeing international multi brand display media strategies and brief responses to successfully achieve your client portfolio’s KPI’s whilst ensuring high quality digital media campaign delivery. This requires in depth knowledge of the display, video and mobile ecosystem, programmatic platforms, as well as a breadth of understanding of the digital landscape and general marketing principles. The role is diverse and requires the individual to efficiently prioritise and manage multiple work streams to drive the biggest impact, own and nurture the client relationship, lead a display account team, and have an ability to continuously self-educate in this dynamic digital marketing space.
Life as a Programmatic Director at Merkle
· Leadership of your display channel client account team, implementing and managing effective ways of working to achieve your long-term account vision
· The go-to client facing lead for display and programmatic delivery, building and nurturing long standing strategic partnerships with your clients
· Oversee the running of international display media campaigns across the client life cycle, from planning through to execution, ensuring high quality full funnel display media
· Understand your client’s long-term business objectives, aligning your display media strategy to contribute to their overarching goals
· Drive display and programmatic excellence for your client portfolio, keeping up to date with the digital marketing industry and platform updates to identify new opportunities to help your clients grow
· Contribute to departmental initiatives, collaborating on the strategic development of the programmatic and display media vision, and helping to constantly evolve our client servicing
· Provide thought leadership through award entries, blogs, case studies and events around integrated media strategies and success stories
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
· A passion for programmatic, display and mobile media
· We anticipate the successful candidate will have circa 4+ years’ experience within a programmatic and display media function ideally including the app space
· Practical experience managing and directing international programmatic and display campaigns for clients
· Proven experience applying strategic thinking to complex campaigns, with a demonstrable track record in achieving and exceeding KPI’s
· Experience of building and nurturing strong client relationships
· Leadership abilities to be able to supervise and support a large account team
· Professional communication and presentation skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritise effectively
· High level of accuracy and attention to detail
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.