New Stream Media Sales Director - CPG
Merkle is a leading technology-enabled, data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company. For over 30 years, Fortune 1,000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with us to build and maximize the value of their customer portfolios. We work with world-class brands to build and execute customer-centric business strategies. With more than 12,000 smart, dedicated people in more than 50 offices around the world, we are still growing at a rate that outpaces the market, with 2019 net revenue of $1.1 billion.
dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. dentsu international comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Mid- and Long-Tail CPG Sales Director is a player/coach responsible for developing new client accounts for the Retailer’s Media Network. The strategic focus of this Sales Director is on mid- and long-tail CPG business.
Supports leadership with go-to-market initiatives, as well as oversees a larger book of business, assigned to your direct reports. Cultivates existing sales relationships with active advertisers.
Embraces a team-based mentality. Establishes mentorship role in collaboration with Account Management, Marketing and Merchandising teams. Collaborates with these teams on the strategy, development, and execution of digital media campaigns. These collaboration efforts are vital in building your book of business and ensuring your overall success.
- Drives new business sales and maintains and grows existing accounts in your book of business.
- Communicates Retail Media Network’s capabilities, differentiators, and product suite effectively to clients through various means (email, phone, in-person, conferences, networking event, etc.)
- Engages with Retailer’s marketing and merchant groups to facilitate sales through larger retailer initiatives/programs to strategic accounts within your book of business, mentors Sales Managers in their sales pursuit process.
- Creates, develops, and leads upfront pitches with the goal of 6 – 12-month programming commitments across identified strategic supplier accounts.
- Actively pursues overarching sales and account goals by holding 5-10 meetings per week with suppliers. Accurately logs meeting activity and relevant follow-ups.
- Develops and manages an accurate sales pipeline aligned to team, company and client’s overall goals; Meets or exceeds sales quotas on a quarterly basis according to sales plan set by leadership.
- Meets deadlines set by leadership, ensuring proper information is effectively shared.
- Fosters and promotes a culture of collaboration. Demonstrates collaborative spirit by communicating in team meetings through shared market/product knowledge and adapting/learning new approaches and methods through shared experiences in wins and lessons learned.
- Maintains and updates an accurate team forecast through spreadsheets and opportunity pipeline.
Key Skills and Experience
- A consultative seller and sales leader with a passion for growing revenue and driving performance.
- Strategic in pipeline management, ensuring resources are geared where opportunity best resides.
- Customer-obsessed who can consultatively push back on supplier demands when and where appropriate.
- Adept at crafting sales narratives rooted in data and data analysis.
- Resourceful in navigating through a large company environment while working in a nimble and fast-paced fashion. Flexible and able to adapt to various changing business situations.
- Analytical, organized, and consultative, solutions-based drive.
- A self-directed, self-competitive “closer” adept at working in collaborative environments.
- Five plus years of consultative sales experience surrounding Shopper Marketing, CPG-oriented solutions, and digital media. This includes display, search, social and native platforms.
- Successful experience working as an account manager, account executive, senior account manager, senior account executive or comparable account/sales role in the digital media space, working mid-marketing accounts.
- Proven track-record for high-level negotiations; ability to close new business.
- Knowledge and passion for Retail, CPG, and Shopper Marketing industry.
- Communicates effectively in-person in office, client-site or remote through video, phone, email. Successful background conducting business presentations and proposals through various channels with a meticulous level of detail.
- Possesses effective time and resource management skills necessary in accomplishing short- and long-term goals.
- Background working with sales data; possesses strong analytical skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding, and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle, an agency of Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local laws, regulations, or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at Merkle, a dentsu agency.
This job description is a summary of the essential functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in the job description. Other duties, as assigned by the supervisor, might be part of the job.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. No sponsorship is available for this position
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.