Creative Director - Promotions & Loyalty
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
We believe that a brand’s greatest asset is a loyal consumer and have aligned our work to deliver moments of value at every stage of the consumer journey, creating enriched experiences that attract audiences, create emotion, and establish meaningful relationships that evolve our clients’ brands.
We are looking for a Creative Director with storytelling in their DNA to lead the creation of next generation loyalty programs, digital promotions and gamification for iconic brands such as Coca-Cola, Starbucks, L’Oréal, and Samsung. The right candidate will be an excellent communicator, comfortable in a high-velocity environment, and passionate about building digitally-led consumer experiences.
This proven creative will roll up their sleeves and lead the ideation and development of market-leading experiences as part of our creative consulting practice, partnering across account, strategy & insights, legal, agile program management and in-house developers to ensure sound campaigns and ultimate success. Reports to Group Creative Director in the Promotions & Loyalty Solutions team at Merkle.
- Architect digital promotions, mass games, digital engagements (AR, interactive content), loyalty programs, CRM rooted in immerging technology and gamification fundamentals
- Hands-on creative and strategic thinker that will lead the creative vision of client assignments, providing oversight and direction for the creative origination and delivery including UX, design and copy
- Partner with Business leads to foster outstanding client relationships through creative and conceptual thought leadership. Build, manage, and grow relationships with senior/C-Suite marketing executives
- Ability to work across multiple brands and client segments - B2B, B2B2C and B2B
- Develop powerful and valuable connections between client’s goals, strategy and creative work to drive KPIs, while being capable of going beyond what clients and partners can imagine
- Partner with internal strategy, research, and data, account management and production resources to ensure timely creative delivery excellence and effectiveness
- Understanding of immerging digital media, social and technology platforms, with the ability to apply to promotional, loyalty and engagement strategies and outcomes for our clients
- Foster a culture of trust, collaboration and communication
- Expert relationship builder and presenter both with cross-functional internal teams and clients. Inspire teams to perform.
- Play an active role in new client acquisition and new business pitches developing, presenting and selling creative concepts to clients. Able to communicate creative rationale, defend the work and articulate reasons behind each choice.
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Copywriting, Graphic Design or related field/equivalent work experience
- 10-15 years of hands-on experience in a creative leadership position at an advertising/digital agency or innovative brand
- Creative Direction experience with a thorough understanding of developing consumer engagement across digital platforms, including strong CRM and digital engagement experience
- Track record of new business wins in the last 12-24 months
- Experience managing a cross-functional creative team, strong strategic planning and execution skills
- Strong people manager – has proven ability to set direction and clearly define goals, motivating client teams and creatives to own the challenge
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, unstoppable passion and drive; respectful and resourceful approach
FLSA Status: Exempt
Merkle is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons. HelloWorld recruits, employs, evaluates, and considers for promotion employees without regard to race, gender, religion, national origin, age, marital status, height, weight, medical condition or physical handicap or disability, or any other legally protected class, all as required by local, state, and/or federal law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.