Digital Media Director
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
Open to remote applicants!
As a Digital Media Director, you will be a team leader, assigned to one large strategic account. You will be responsible for development of management and measurement frameworks to steer and monitor program progress and success. You will be the digital media SME for internal stakeholders/client partners and the point of contact for cross-functional disciplines (SEM, SEO, Strategy, Analytics, Creative, etc.). Client programs include data-driven digital media campaigns and integrated multi-channel campaigns to engage and influence consumers at each funnel stage. You will contribute to Merkle product and business strategy. You will likely direct a team of 4-6 people. You will be a part of an innovative, fast-growing department focused on revolutionizing digital media planning and buying, in the context of a multi-channel data-driven approach.
- Mastery of all campaign management, planning, and optimization functional responsibilities
- Deliver against functional responsibilities in a strategic and self-guided manner on high volume of accounts
- Ensure that your client's media program delivers against goals and drives value
- Contribute to the development of forward-thinking strategies and campaigns
- Develop a management and measurement framework to steer and monitor program progress and success
- Revue and monitor revenue and margins
- Give direction to the media services, platform, and capability resources
- Provide consultative messaging – both written and verbal – to senior leaders
- Proactively devise and push new concepts to manage and grow your client's media program including analytics, strategy, and other Merkle capabilities
- Be a media expert and support growth/sales efforts
- 7+ years experience within digital media agency function and/or digital media vendor/ad technology platform
- Proficiency within DSPs to run Video, Display, Social & Connected TV in any combination of the following DSPs (i.e. Google Ads, DV360, TrueView, Amazon AAP, TubeMogul, The Trade Desk, MediaMath, Verizon, Facebook Ads Manager, Snapchat, Twitter Ads Manager, Pinterest, LinkedIn). Preferred experience includes display and video through Google Ads
- Proficiency with digital media strategy and plan development
- Proficient user of digital ads trafficking tools (Google Campaign Manager, Mediaocean, etc.)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience managing people and teams - must be passionate about Career Advocacy for direct reports
- Bachelor's/advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Cross discipline coordination and management
- Enthusiasm for the future of people-based and brand advertising on the web and building that future with us
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.