Senior Media Director (B2B)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
As a Senior Media Director, you will be a media team leader, assigned to one large strategic account one mid-scale account, both in the B2B space. You'll act as a media (with emphasis on digital) SME for internal stakeholders/client partners as well as key point of contact for cross-functional disciplines (SEM, SEO, Strategy, Creative, etc.). Client programs include data driven digital media campaigns and integrated multi-channel campaigns to successfully engage and influence consumers at each funnel stage.
- Mastery of all Campaign Management and Planning & Optimization functional responsibilities
- Able to deliver against functional responsibilities in a more strategic, mature, and self-guided manner, on high volume of accounts, larger scale client/Media programs
- Responsible for the client’s media program that delivers against client's goals and drive value
- Contribute to the development of forward thinking strategies and campaigns
- Develop a management and framework and partner with media analytics to inform measurement frameworks to steer and monitor program progress and success
- Salesforce updates, review and monitoring of revenue and margins
- Responsible for giving direction to the media services, platform, and capability resources as it pertains to the client work
- Confident, articulate, and strategic delivery of consultative messaging – both written and verbal – to senior leaders without senior leadership guidance
- Proactively devising and pushing new concepts to manage/grow program; Includes analytics, innovative strategy, and other Merkle businesses
- Often able to “stand alone” with program, team, and client, without senior leadership guidance on small and mid-scale clients
- Act as a Media SME and support growth/sales efforts
- Manage a team of 6-8 at various levels
- 10+ years experience within media agency function and/or digital media vendor/ad technology platform
- Working understanding of self-service platforms such as Paid Social (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) and Programmatic/DSPs (Trade Desk, Google DV360), which will be managed by specific team members
- B2B experience and Financial Services category experience preferred
- Proficient user of digital ads trafficking tools (DCM, etc.)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint
- Digital media strategy and plan development
- Bachelor’s/advanced degree from an accredited college or university
- Resource and people management
- Cross discipline coordination and management
- Policy and best practices contributor
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply. Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.