Account Director - Programmatic
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The Account Director’s role is to be a programmatic channel lead and team player for the client projects they are engaged in as well as overseeing the work of a team of managers and associates. You'll work across a retail client with a household name across a multi-market account, and will be responsible for contributing to the programmatic department’s growth and innovation. Furthermore, you will have your own division of 2-3 teams of 4-7 people, for whom you will be responsible for their career development, personal growth and fostering a sharing culture.
Life as a Programmatic Account Director at Merkle
· Full oversight over client engagements including driving delivery, measurement, reporting, client communication, expectation management and contribution to strategy
· Execute and manage online media campaigns for your client including but not limited to exchange based performance media, audience-based buying and branding campaigns
· Align and collaborate with paid search, paid search, SEO, strategic, analytics, and cross channel leads within Merkle UK and Merkle US to deliver programmatic activation as part of an integrated client team
· Align and collaborate with external agencies to deliver programmatic activation as part of a holistic, full-funnel briefs and campaigns.
· Be accountable for the financial planning, delivery and reconciliation of a multi-million dollar campaign, taking into consideration predictive trends, platform, and partner fees
· Be able to identify issues and problem solve campaign activation issues, conflict management, or task management issues with limited information or history
· Provide thought-leadership to clients, contributing to blogs, case studies, and innovative programmatic activation
· Identify process improvements and policies, escalating to the Head of Department or Client Services Director if needed.
· Manage a division of 2-3 managers/leads and ensure their personal growth, and the growth of their teams, is a key part of your role. Expected to have experience in both management and leadership of individuals and teams.
· Maintaining a top-level view of programmatic strategy for all clients within your division and discussing expansion opportunities with senior managers
· Being escalation point on your team’s accounts where necessary. Handling business development opportunities where appropriate as well as dealing with client grievances or conflict management. Knows when to escalate to the Head of Department or Client Services Director if needed
· Support in onboarding new client work where necessary
· Recognized as a credible subject matter expert within the programmatic industry, keeping up to date with the latest programmatic trends, betas and new features
· Assist with innovation of the programmatic department and wider agency by joining/leading one of our Agency Centres of Excellence
· Assist in pitches where required, and actively contribute towards Merkle’s product and business strategy
· Assist in department-level capacity management
· Support in the recruitment process and overall growth and development of high-performing talent
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through LinkedInLearning and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
· Proficient in handling large, multi-million, multi-market accounts running campaigns across all devices
· Strong knowledge and experience in using DSPs. Specifically, Google’s Display & Video 360, Amazon, The Trade Desk & Google Ads would be a bonus.
· Strong knowledge and experience in using Google’s Campaign Manager 360
· Strong analytical mind-set
· Experience in setting up PMPs, PGs, IO and working with publishers
· Experience with MediaOcean’s Prisma platform would be highly beneficial
· High level of organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
· Successful examples of managing or mentoring team members
· Minimum 4 Years’ experience
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.