Senior Account Manager, Client Services
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Senior Account Manager plays a pivotal role in maintaining client satisfaction and loyalty by providing exceptional services and value to our clients. This role is responsible for the day-to-day execution of client programs and is the direct liaison between the internal departments and the client (i.e., the Quarterback). It also supports the organization’s strategic, tactical and support functions (campaign management, technology, analytics) in order to achieve the client and company objectives. Account Management team members have the opportunity to directly impact client satisfaction, and are an integral member of our team. Reporting to the Group Account Director, your areas of focus will include:
- Serve as the primary conduit between the client and Merkle business/support teams
- Accountable for setting internal communication plans/methodology
- Responsible for the collection of campaign requirements, working with marketing teams to design the most effective campaigns possible
- Contribute to marketing strategies, testing, and execution of client programs
- Coordinate and manage internal and external client meetings; responsible for daily communication with key client contacts
- Collaborate with external 3rd party channel partners
- Ensure timeliness and quality of client deliverables to include campaign counts, reports, change requests and proposals
- Manage and execute the campaign process both internally and with external partners
- Maintain campaign matrix, review tactical assets for accuracy, and provide to the client campaign recommendations from Merkle teams and experts, including email deliverability
- Serve as primary point of contact for error resolution
- Improve upon existing processes
- Effectively lead and motivate internal team to produce best in class work
- Foster a collaborative, energized internal dynamic team
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4-8 years of client services/account management in a direct marketing agency or a combination of agency/client side experience
- Campaign management / oversight experience required
- Pharmaceutical/Biotech experience strongly preferred
- Strong project management, interpersonal, and negotiation skills
- Analytically minded, specifically comfortable with data, response metrics and trends
- Proven experience managing client relationships and effectively problem solving; ability to analyze problems and produce a viable solution
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast changing environment
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.