Media and Operations Executive
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The purpose of this role is to handle and manage all the team’s administrative, financial & billing tasks while also compiling and analyzing data to increase efficiency, consistency and profitability.
We are seeking a Contracts and Billing Executive to join our growing team. They will work closely with the Analytics Management and Finance teams to ensure that financial reporting and forecasts are accurate and maintained at the necessary cadence. These responsibilities underpin the data upon which the department’s capacity planning and recruitment decisions are made and are therefore critical to the business.
The Contracts and Billing Executive will also be responsible for driving greater consistency and efficiencies within our contractual workflows and will ensure that contract renewals are processed in good time (notably for our Google Sales Partner portfolio). They will liaise directly with client procurement teams and key points of contact to achieve this.
The ideal candidate for this position is a critical thinker with empathy and understanding of end user business needs, familiarity of digital agency practices and requirements, and the Salesforce Lightning Experience platform. Attention to detail and a high proficiency with spreadsheets are also critical attributes.
Life as a Contracts and Billing Executive at Merkle
· Opportunity/Pipeline Management: Responsible for administrative maintenance of the department sales pipeline, ensuring that opportunities are at the correct stage and that start dates and delivery schedules are up to date. Will ensure that all required documentation and fields are completed for each opportunity.
· Contracts/DPAs: Develop and maintain templates, standard operating procedures, and internal processes for contract management. Act as consistent point of review and manage the internal approval flows and filing.
· Billing/Invoicing: Interpret billing requirements within contracts and submit them to the invoicing team via internal workflows on receipt of fully signed contracts.
· Accounts Receivable: Complete monthly updates to revenue recognition schedules and reconcile those with the finance team to ensure that invoices have been issued to clients and are mapped to the correct opportunities. Where necessary, follow up with clients on unpaid invoices and request payment.
· Timesheet Reporting & Analysis: Prepare and present staff timesheet reports & analysis at capacity planning and management meetings. Analysis will identify actionable insight such as utilisation opportunities/concerns and will feed into short- and long-term recruitment plans.
· Systems Integration: Proactively identify and implement system/process changes that drive value to the department by increasing efficiency and/or rigor. A particular focus will be bolstering the existing integrations between the department’s time tracking, capacity management and revenue reconciliation methodologies. An ability to gather feedback and ideas from a broad range of users and stakeholders will be key.
· Ad-Hoc Requests: Effectively prioritize and manage additional ad-hoc requests and responsibilities. These could touch on/span any of the above areas.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
What we are looking for in you
· Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
· Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to work independently.
· Ability to prioritize and multitask.
· Experience in fast-paced, tight deadline, work environment.
· Demonstrated experience of streamlining contractual processes.
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and present data in a way that it is tailored to the audience.
· A good level of proficiency in Salesforce Lightening Experience would be a bonus.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.