Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
We are currently looking for a proactive, driven and professional Personal Assistant who is a confident team player and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. The successful candidate will be supporting our Leadership Team and the wider team of PA’s and EA’s in the UK and Spain.
There is a huge opportunity for growth and once fully trained we would hope to expand this role to support two or three execs. Our team are an incredible support, super reliable and love a good laugh over a glass of wine (virtually at the moment).
This is an exciting new role for someone keen to start their career as a Personal Assistant, who wants to grow and learn about our industry. The position will be initially home based and once it is safe to reopen our London office, flexible working opportunities will be available.
The role is for an initial 6 months fixed term and it is likely to go permanent for the right candidate.
Life as an Personal Assistant at Merkle
- Working closely with our Leadership Team and the wider PA’s and EA’s Team.
- Extensive managing of calendars via Outlook, including scheduling appointments with internal and external participants and organising large company wide meetings
- Forward planning of meeting schedule, ensuring agenda and meeting content are delivered on time
- Organisation and administration of meetings & visitors – coordinating all logistics i.e. attendees, timings, refreshments, equipment, and rooms
- Booking and coordinating travel plans; this will include flights, hotels, Taxis, car hire, visas etc.
- Managing expenses and timesheets
- Sitting in on exec meetings - taking notes and follow-up actions
- Arrange lunches and dinners, both internal and client facing
- Helping arrange ad hoc events
- Support with PowerPoint presentations and ad hoc projects
- Supporting and working with the EA team with general day to day duties and providing cover when needed
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other industry standard benefits
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, a dentsu company, we believe that creating diverse and balanced teams is not just a moral imperative, it is a business imperative. To help our clients reach millions of different people every day, we need our people to reflect the society that we represent.
We aim to create an inclusive culture where all talent thrives, and we champion meaningful progress in diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) for our people, clients and partners.
DEI is firmly embedded into our shared values - the 8 Ways to Never Before - and our Leadership Framework, which applies to all of our people. And our Global DEI Principles reflect our pledge to be an organisation that promotes wellbeing and inclusivity for everyone - regardless of ethnicity, race, sexual orientation, gender (incl. gender identity and gender expression), age, neurodiversity or physical ability.
We are proud of what makes us different and encourage applicants from all different backgrounds to apply to join us. We are always happy to discuss all flexible and agile approached to working and should you have any reasonable adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with our recruitment teams.
What we are looking for in you
- Strong Outlook 365 knowledge
- Exceptional multi-tasking and prioritising abilities to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to manage change and adapt quickly, we are looking for somebody flexible, keen to wear multiple hats – “no job is too small” kind of attitude
- Proactive and making sure you are always keeping one step ahead – this is key
- Excellent written and verbal communications, as well as interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information
- Highly organised and have a very strong attention to detail
- Confidence in building strong relationships with senior members of the team
- Previous experience in an admin/support role
- Strong experience with PowerPoint and the wider Office 365
- Project management experience
- Ability to be assertive when needed
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.