Solutions Manager- Marketing Technology
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
A Marketing Technology Solution Manager is an account level delivery leader who is experienced in leading the production operations for the multi-channel marketing solutions. This leadership is inclusive of managing resources on the account, scope\project management, and account level financial management. The Solution Manager will be responsible for the design/build/transition of enhancements to these platforms aligned to new client business needs.
This Solution Manager will partner with their respective Client Partners or Account Managers from each account group and will be client-facing as needed. The Solution Manager is the central point of contact, providing regular status updates, managing change requests, and communicating solution issues and impacts. They are responsible for motivating their team members and communicating expectations to these same team members regularly, to ensure project success.
The Solution Manager role is expected to understand the value the solution brings to the client and must be able to articulate this value to internal and external stakeholders. The Solution Manager must have solid communication skills that allow for conveying confidence and building trust with our client as well as internal Merkle business partners.
The Solution Manager will be responsible for the management of one to multiple accounts, comprised of approximately 4-15 staff members and $1-4mm in revenue annually. The Solution Manager will be accountable to P&L for their respective accounts, thus a keen understanding of revenue forecasting, resource management, and overall financial management is key.
- Provide day-to-day leadership over the assigned account delivery teams, comprised of primarily of production operations resources (Ops, Dev, BSA, CM) driving the stability and growth of multi-channel solution platforms and database marketing technologies.
- Oversees the delivery of our client commitments on-time and ensures high quality client centric service
- Maintains a high-quality technology solution as evidenced by solution audits and results
- Identifies solution improvements and efficiency to benefit clients and communicates changes with client/team and manages the implementation of changes within the production schedule
- Deep understanding of the contract(s) supporting the account, and the management of these contracts. This includes ensuring the scope is properly managed, and that changes are properly documented to ensure the business services stay aligned with defined contractual scope.
- Responsible for the coordination of the account resources, ensuring that each team member is clear on their assignments and priorities on a day-to-day basis.
- Responsible for keeping an account level staffing plan, which will drive cost forecast, and financial forecast. This includes ensuring account level performance against financial targets
- Serve as first-line of escalation from the project teams on all operations issues and delivery challenges. Includes leading the triage, analysis, and resolution of all operational issues.
- ·Conduct regular (typically weekly) status meetings with the external client. Includes documenting a weekly status report that conveys tasks, status, risks, and any issues.
- Communicate effectively with Delivery Lead and Client Partner, other upper management, on account activities and overall health of the account(s). Synthesize relevant information on key milestones, success criteria, staff and client and risks. Escalate critical issues appropriately.
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience managing mid to large scale multi-channel marketing technology and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) solutions.
- Must have a solid understanding of relational databases, identity management and campaign management concepts
- Strong Service Delivery and Account Management aptitude.
- Exposure to Adobe Campaign (or Unica, Redpoint) and Salesforce platforms a plus
- Working knowledge of cloud-based solutions (AWS, GCP, Azure, Snowflake) a plus
- Experience managing matrix teams of up to 15 resources across in a dynamic, fast paced, and ever-changing environment across multiple functional areas like Operations, Development, Business System Analyst, Campaigns and Quality Assurance
- Demonstrated proficiency at analyzing resource utilization, staffing, salaries, and margins of work sold to drive the correct profit and margins.
- Have the ability to manage high priority efforts effectively under significant deadline pressure
- Significant experience in growing and managing complex client relationships.
- Communicates status, issues and risks effectively to client team members, Delivery Unit Lead and Client Partner
- Onboard new resources by providing client specific solution information, processes, practices and client specific knowledge
- Ability to communicate advanced technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Strong project management skills. Microsoft Project experience a plus.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.