Sales Lead- Enterprise Analytics
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
The Enterprise Analytics Consultant is responsible for originating and closing significant new business services engagements as part of Merkle’s UK Analytics Sales team. These services engagements will span Merkle’s breadth of propositions to support our clients’ Customer Experience Transformation Agenda’s by combining data transformation, digital transformation and organizational agility, however with a focus on delivering new opportunities within our Analytics practice
The Analytics business within Merkle is a well-established and high growth area of our UK business, contributing over £18m of revenue to Merkle UK in 2020. The breadth of the Merkle Analytics capability spans Data Engineering, Advanced Analytics, Media and Experience Analytics as well as Data Visualisation, and we have market-leading delivery teams and Pre-Sales experts supporting our Sales efforts. To continue the rapid growth and evolution of our Analytics revenue line, Merkle is seeking a highly successful sales-person with a track record of success in Advanced Analytics and Data Engineering Sales.
The Merkle UK Analytics Sales Team is an extremely high performing team comprising the most talented and experienced sales professionals in the Customer Experience and Analytics Industry. The team has a proud track record of winning business with many of the largest UK brands. If you have an enviable track record of sales success within the Advanced Analytics and Data Engineering space and want to be part of this successful team and growth story, we want to hear from you.
This individual will be a highly motivated, well connected quick learner and a self-starter able to lead new logo sales efforts and also able to cross sell within and between capabilities across both Merkle and the Dentsu Group. A dynamic personality with a drive to reach decision makers is essential. Career opportunity and financial rewards are unlimited at Merkle.
Life as an Enterprise Sales Lead at Merkle:
You will drive business growth for Merkle with new and existing accounts in several ways:
- Taking ownership of a set of new logo territory accounts from which to drive business
- Originating and responding to new logo opportunities and owning sales pursuit efforts for RFPs, with a highly talented and motivated support team
- Engaging closely with Merkle’s Global Technology Alliance Partners including Microsoft, Google and Amazon
- Working with the Head of Analytics Sales and Capability Leaders to partner in closing new logo and new to existing client sales opportunities
- The qualification, upsell and cross-sell within and across our core capabilities
- Meet sales quota goals
- Successfully support the sales cycle and Client Partners and Consultants architecting Merkle’s solutions during the sales phase of a deal
- Analyse customer business goals, objectives, needs, process and existing infrastructure
- Apply business outcome-based sales principles and demonstrate relevant and transferable company experience in developing sales strategy, opportunity briefs and sales plans to drive new logo and client solution
- Understand the prospect and client decision making process and stakeholder/organisational map
- Establish trusted relationships with CMOs, COO’s, CDO’s and other client executives to originate new opportunities in new logo and existing accounts support new and existing accounts to position our capabilities
- Develops and maintains an accurate, high quality pipeline that is aligned to our company’s sales process
What we are looking for in you:
- Anticipated the appropriate candidate will have circa 5+ years consultative sales experience
- Experience with closing large, complex sales deals within Analytics
- Knowledge, understanding and track record of Analytics/Marketing marketplace
- Knowledge, understanding and track record of mar-tech and ad-tech marketplace
- Knowledge, understanding and track record of transformation projects – digital, CX and CRM
- Experience architecting complex solutions for large corporations (with technical support team)
- Experience in Financial Services, Insurance, Travel, Media, Telco, Entertainment, Non-Profit, High Tech or Retail will be an added advantage
- Strong ability and desire to prospect
- History of success working within an individual and team environment
- Must have a history of quota attainment
- Deep general business knowledge and acumen
- Innovative and creative
- Viewed as a thought leader in sales and well connected/networked
- Exceptional communications and presentation skills
- Ability to lead through influence over authority
- Strong collaboration capabilities are critical to this role