Client Service Account Executive
Merkle is a leading data-driven customer experience management (CXM) company that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading non-profit organisations have partnered with Merkle to maximise the value of their customer portfolios. The company’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive hyper-personalised marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
We have an exciting opening for an entry-level position as an Account Executive working within the Merkle client service team across a group of the agency's largest clients. This role will be to support and learn from the leadership team on key accounts, helping to oversee the agency/client engagement and manage the ongoing relationship and co-ordination between client stakeholders and agency delivery teams.
This is an exciting opportunity to launch a career in the industry with a holistic view of cross capability agency engagements and agency ways of working.
Life as a Client Service Account Exec at Merkle
As an Account Executive at Merkle, your day to day role and key responsibility will be to ensure operational success for our clients.
You will have strong relationships with both key client stakeholders and other agency teams to ensure that campaign timings and processes are clear and adhered to. The Account Executive role is vital in ensuring that all deliveries are successful, supporting the Account Managers in both identifying and implementing these improvements and efficiencies including:
· Commercial oversight– Learning and supporting the management of account operations including how the agency makes money, contracting terms, forecasting, billing and margin monitoring
· Account co-ordination – Developing a good understanding of different agency offerings and ways of working by supporting the co-ordination of brief responses, and meetings
· Career progression & personal development - working side by side with experienced account directors to learn how to manage a successful agency account
What we are looking for in you
· Attitude is key – we need someone with energy, ideas, curiosity, passion and a and willingness to learn/adapt in a fast-paced environment
· Attention to detail, ensuring work and monitoring is accurate.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gain gravitas with the client early on and act as the face of Merkle onsite
· A team player with the ability to balance client priorities with agency commercials
· Ability to manage multiple clients and projects, with added value and a curious and proactive approach
· Experience of using Microsoft outlook, excel, PowerPoint
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
· Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
· Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
· A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days