Design Director, Innovation Creative
**This role involves hands on digital design, including UI/UX, as well as creative vision setting, team management and client facing duties**
You are a shining beacon of leadership and guidance with a high-level understanding of design and UX, immersive digital experiences and postproduction.
You have 10+ years of experience and a compelling portfolio to back it up. You thrive at the intersection of brand narrative and digital innovation and deliver ideas that excite whoever engages with them. You should have a deep understanding of where big ideas meet marketing goals, beautiful design, and digital innovation. You have a willingness to explore new ideas as they relate to digital marketing and the design of digital experiences. You must be able to wear multiple hats, juggle projects and excel at working in an extremely fast-paced, creative-led environment. You are detail oriented, organized, and willing to push your team with regard to their creative solutions—you care and are passionate.
Firstborn is a place where you come to do your best work. BUT! you balance personal knowledge with your ego. You need to be OK with knowing that you aren’t the most special person to have ever graced this industry. I know this may be shocking to read as a potential candidate… but we’re all human and all of us are a perpetual work-in-progress. This is by no means a hedge against finding the best, it’s just that we’re all wonderfully imperfect humans and that humble sense-of-self should be embraced. It’s what works here. What else? Um, you must possess strong communication skills, are comfortable leading and have experience in giving direction to the larger team. This is not a role about saying “yes” to any given client. At the same time if you can’t get them “there”—to your vision—you need to be comfortable with the fact that, unlike other agencies, we are a creative-led business, and you bear some responsibility.
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team to concept, plan, and execute a variety of creative work: mobile app, interactive web experience, and video content
- Present creative to clients
- Give direction/collaborate with designers, CG/motion artists, video editors, and developers. Ensure each team member have the assets and/or direction they need to execute.
- Hands-on detailed design and prototyping as needed
- Day-to-day creative oversight of all digital workstreams for a key client
- Effectively develop and shape big ideas and shepherd them through the overall production process
- Oversee the strategy and creative solutions for several, simultaneous accounts
- Support the efforts of and give direction to the design, copy, development, postproduction and producer teams
- Guide the look and feel for entire 360 digital experiences — websites, campaigns, content, experiential, emerging tech
- In partnership with other Creative Directors, motivate and inspire the collective creative team and provide guidance and craft-based mentorship
- Define and gather requirements based on the client, user and project needs
- Be a senior client partner across all pieces of business
- Work with Executive Team to manage the growth of the team’s existing clients by identifying opportunities and activating the team on those opportunities
· 10+ years designing and/or leading creative projects and guiding teams to develop creative executions
· Exceptional portfolio of recognizable work for high-profile clients
· Bachelor’s degree in design related field.
· Experience managing and directing multi-disciplinary postproduction teams
· Strong understanding of UX standards, methodologies, and best practices.
· Experience overseeing user experience projects from beginning to end throughout the digital design lifecycle.
· Experience creating high quality UX documents and deliverables (user flows, sitemaps, frameworks).
· Ability to set up prototypes to client specifications and known best practices.
· Proficient in thinking logically, as well as understanding the complexities of human behavior.
· Partner with Executive Producers and Account Leads to grow business.
· Ability to brainstorm and concept unique ideas for a digital-first world that are effective, visually arresting, and conceptually engaging
· Highly organized, self-motivated, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities and tight deadlines
· Comfortable with frequent travel to support our West Coast based clients
· Ability to communicate (writing and speaking) clearly and effectively.
· Be a confident presenter and be comfortable engaging with clients.
· Ability to see the big picture and think strategically
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.