Salesforce Commerce Cloud Technical Lead
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, now known as dentsu International.
- Leads day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope for multiple eCommerce projects
- Conducts project management tasks by analyzing new web requirements and enhancements for eCommerce projects to deliver new functionality, improve design, and facilitate user experience
- Participates in the planning and prioritization of projects and build cycles at a client-level to ensure project deliveries in a timely matter;
- Stays actively involved in initiating, planning, executing, tracking, monitoring, and closing projects
- Reviews and executes project work plans and supporting documentation and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Provides project leadership to the Development Team
- Maintains eCommerce project budget and manages overall finances for multiple projects
- Meets with vendors and delivery teams to successfully execute client requirements
- Defines and creates new client solutions
- Leads development of new functionality to expand market share; identifies and documents new web requirements and enhancements to serve new purposes, improve design
- Facilitates user experience
- Leads meetings with clients and Development Team for new projects, enhancements, and integrations
- Serves as the liaison between business and information technology discussions by leading internal / external meetings
- Coordinates effectively within multiple teams across different countries, cities and time zones to define solutions and development efforts
- 4 Year Degree, Computer Science or commensurate experience
- Proven track record delivering mission critical, enterprise Salesforce Commerce Cloud implementations
- Proven track record with the following technologies: XHTML, DHTML, HTML, HTML 5, CSS 2.0, and AJAX
- Experience developing to REST interfaces a plus
- Experience with the OpenSocial APIs and Jive platform development a strong plus
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to work seamlessly as part of a multi-site, multicultural development team
- Proven ability to work on a cross-functional team; ability to communicate in both technical and business environments
- Desire to work in a fast paced, growing, deadline driven, startup-up environment
- Complete understanding of the full product development lifecycle (design, development and testing)
- Self-motivated, driven to achieve committed milestones
- Experience developing e-commerce applications on the Demandware platform a strong plus
- Experience with ATG, or other e-commerce platform a plus.
- Experience developing with the Eclipse IDE a plus.
- 7+ years profession software development experience.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.