Marketing Feeds Analyst
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
Over the last twelve months, Merkle’s Agency Services have invested in our internal marketing tech proposition by growing our Media Solutions department. We are now looking for a Marketing Feeds Analyst to join our small but ambitious team as we continue growing this arm of our business. This is an entry level role, perfect for a recent graduate, or someone whose been working with data and has an interest in digital marketing, E-Commerce and automation.
Merkle's Agency Services function runs digital marketing campaigns for some of the largest advertisers in the UK. The Media Solutions team sits within this function and is responsible for supporting our client teams by building and maintaining internal software products and services. Our feed management services play a crucial role in helping brands and retailers automate their paid media activations using their product data for Google Shopping and much more. Whether they’re selling a few hundred products or millions, feed management makes it possible.
We’re looking for someone with an interest in either automation, digital marketing, E-commerce or data and achieving goals for multi-national businesses on a daily basis.
As a Marketing Feeds Analyst, your role will be to help clients get the most out of their product data by helping them advertise their products on a variety of marketing channels. You’ll be part of an industry-leading team who are pushing the boundaries for what is possible with marketing automation and feeds.
But what is a marketing feed?
A marketing feed is essentially a file, containing data about products that advertisers want to promote and sell. Marketing channels like Google and Facebook have strict specifications for advertising using feeds, meaning that the data needs to be prepared in line with their requirements. Feed management plays a crucial role in not just cleaning data but optimizing it to help increase revenue and help potential customers discover an advertiser’s products or services. Similar to SEO, the richer the data, the more likely it will be discovered. Feeds can use not just product data but other external 3rd party data too. For example, what if you used the weather tomorrow to decide which products to advertise on Facebook? Or a client’s best-selling products to dictate what to advertise on Google? All of this can be automated, with cutting edge feed management techniques and tools that you will learn.
Here’s some of the tasks you’ll be doing:
- Hands-on in a client’s feed accounts regularly auditing their data, export feeds and making sure attributes are accurate, optimized and rich.
- Creating new feeds from the ground-up based on a client’s requirements that you will scope out for their markets and marketing channels.
- Help improve our internal processes for best-practices and documentation.
- Take part in regular internal training sessions to help you on your journey to learning more about feeds and digital marketing.
- Collaborate with various Paid Media teams to help maximise the growth potential of a client’s feed.
Life in the Feeds team at Merkle
Onboarding – You’ll help businesses get up and running with our services by scoping out their requirements, importing their product data to our platforms and preparing it for their campaigns.
Optimisations – Actively auditing client’s feeds and looking for opportunities to improve them using their existing data and thinking of ways to include new data.
Training – We’re strong believers in personal development and constant-learning. From day 1 you’ll have a training plan tailored to your role.
Collaborative working – You’ll work in a tight-knit team which actively shares knowledge, training and learnings. Dentsu has adopted a hybrid approach to working, with the team having the choice to work from home or from our office next to Regent’s Park. The Feeds team follows this model, spending one day a week in the office together on average.
This is an early careers role and therefore no prior experience is required however we are looking for people who have a keen interest in automation and digital marketing and would like to work in a role that will develop their knowledge of both. Please see the full list of qualities and skills we are looking for in a candidate, anything else is just a bonus:
- An interest in digital marketing and willingness to learn the fundamentals and online advertising eco-systems used
- Enthusiasm for automation and how it can be used to help enhance the performance of digital marketing campaigns.
- A curious mind-set and a desire to audit client data and ask good questions
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Energy to engage with clients and communicate ideas and requests well
- Logical thinker
- Good attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Excel
Nice to have
- Knowledge of paid advertising channels like Google and Facebook and the core differences between them.
- Understanding of file types like CSV, XML, TXT and how they are structured and used with feeds.
- Understanding of IF functions and how they can be used to transform data.
- Basic knowledge of file transfer protocols such as FTP/SFTP, HTTP/HTTPS.
The ideal candidate would have previous work experience, a relevant apprenticeship or a degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing or similar.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship.
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits.
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created six Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.