Salesforce Development Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
As a Manager on our Salesforce Team, you will be responsible for leading client-specific development activities for our commerce cloud websites. The ideal candidate will have a degree in computer science or equivalent experience, specifically with the SFCC platform and with some experience leading small development teams. The candidate should have a technical background, with experience in various software and web development methodologies (Agile & Scrum), HTML / CSS, AJAX / DHTML, XML and Web Services. SFCC platform experience is a must.
You will interact with key business and IT teams and lead all development activities. You will lead engagement planning and project budgeting for all Salesforce estimates; mobilize and manage engagement teams; define deliverable structure and content; facilitate buy-in of proposed solutions from top management levels at the client; direct on-time, quality delivery of work; monitor and manage engagement risk.
- Manage and support the Salesforce Commerce Cloud platform and oversee the software deliverables.
- Lead day-to-day operational aspects of project and scope for multiple eCommerce projects; conduct project management tasks by analyzing new web requirements and enhancements for eCommerce projects to deliver new functionality, improve design, and facilitate user experience.
- Participate in the planning and prioritization of projects and build cycles at a client-level to ensure project deliveries in a timely matter; stay actively involved in initiating, planning, executing, tracking, monitoring, and closing projects.
- Review and execute project work plans and supporting documentation and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements; provide project leadership to the Development Team.
- Maintain eCommerce project budget and manage overall finances for multiple projects; meet with vendors and delivery teams to successfully execute client requirements; define and create new client solutions; lead development of new functionality to expand market share.
- Identify and document new web requirements and enhancements to serve new purposes, improve design, and facilitate user experience; lead meetings with clients and Development Team for new projects, enhancements, and integrations.
- Serve as the liaison between business and information technology discussions by leading internal / external meetings; and coordinate effectively within multiple teams across different countries, cities, and time zones to define solutions and development efforts.
Required Experience / Skills:
- In the alternative, the employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a closely related field and five years of post-bachelor's, progressive experience in a business analyst role (any title) working in eCommerce
- Multiple health plan options, including independent insurance and pre-tax FSAs
- Life insurance, AD&D, and short- and long-term disability with company-paid premium
- Ample paid time off, holidays, and flex time
- Generous full paid leave for new parents, including parental, maternity, paternity, and adoption leave and assistance
- Military leave for active duty service members deployed to full-time service
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company-sponsored matching program
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $100,000 - $150,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/