Senior Program Manager
The Senior Program Manager is responsible for leading and managing Filter consulting teams in delivering Experience Design services for one or more key client accounts. This is a key client-facing role which includes managing client and stakeholder relations and expectations, management of the contractual relationships between your assigned clients and Filter, while monitoring service delivery and maximizing profitability. Additional responsibilities include driving operational excellence, building and overseeing Filter teams leveraging dentsu supject matter expertise, ensuring account health and client satisfaction, supporting account growth, and ensuring excellent service delivery while reporting to multiple and diverse client and stakeholders.
• Being the first point of contact in the relationship with Filter’s clients throughout the duration of engagements, fostering positive relationships while acting as the main point of contact for delivery activity.
• Managing the entire program lifecycle for your client accounts, such as program initiation, onboarding, program planning, budgeting and resourcing, managing scope, and most importantly, program delivery.
• Leading multi-disciplinary teams to deliver successful and profitable consulting services, while providing superior results and insightful recommendations for program, client management, and team improvements.
• Managing client expectations and involving Filter’s senior leadership proactively to mitigate any type of foreseeable program risk.
• Ensuring team members understand the program's objectives and take required actions to meet those objectives.
• Leveraging the knowledge and creativity of your team effectively and ensuring a healthy team environment in which consultants can develop and grow.
• Monitoring team health/happiness, identifying team needs, resource gaps and communicating recommendations to account leadership.
• Partnering with dentsu to leverage innovative programs for continual learning and inspiration for the consulting team.
• Managing and addressing performance issues, including acting as the escalation point when issues arise with Filter’s service delivery and managing any dispute or conflict.
• Proactively communicating schedule and scope changes, process and workflow blockers, budget issues, and other issues affecting program success to internal and client stakeholders.
• Managing program budgets and costs and communicating such details to senior management including maintenance of internal and client program reporting.
• Reporting internally within Filter on services delivery, progress, economics, and program specific KPIs; reporting similar to client stakeholders by leading quarterly business review (QBR) meetings.
• Communicating client specific invoice details to Filter’s accounts receivable team for invoice creation and delivery and managing client expectations. If necessary, working with Filter’s accounts receivable team on any invoicing issues that arise and owning all accounts payable issues arising from client agreements.
• Observing and synthesizing information regarding the client organization, business, markets, and operations, and identifying the potential to the Group Account Director, such as identifying opportunities for account growth and expansion; partnering with internal teams to pursue account growth and expansion opportunities where appropriate.
• Operating effectively, and with a positive attitude, in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with a high sense of urgency and with ability to drive results and addressing customer issues with speed and efficiency.
• Demonstrating exemplary leadership ability and tolerance of ambiguity, frequent change and unpredictability.
• Driving continuous improvement in your programs and teams; contributing to continuous improvement in Filter’s Program Management practice.
• Minimum 5+ years of professional, consultative management experience in program management, project management, account management, or other professional delivery services model.
• Demonstrated client and stakeholder management skills. Ability to proactively identify, mitigate, and remediate issues and risks.
• Demonstrated operational and financial management experience, and ability to manage program and project delivery on time and on budget.
• Experience in and understanding of Experience Design methods and processes preferred.
• Exceptional situation analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated leadership ability in a team environment with an ability to coach and influence teams and peers, make decisions in complex environments, and drive continual improvement.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization with a strong ability to build relationships, foster trust, and develop shared understanding.
• Demonstrated experience in driving innovation, taking initiative, and creating opportunities for others.
• Willingness to take personal risks - as seen through leadership roles - in work environment and extracurricular activities.
• Job duties are varied and complex requiring independent judgment, ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, strong collaboration, and leadership.
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
· Customer Engagement
· Process Alignment and Integration
· Interpersonal Influence & Communication
· Job Fitness/Culture Steward
· Synthesis & Implications
· Financial Budget & Program Analysis
• Delivery of Filter services for client accounts meeting operational, financial, quality, and client satisfaction targets.
• Achievement of program KPIs and meeting Filter’s SLAs for assigned client accounts.
• On-time and accurate delivery of required planning, reporting, financial, and operational data and documentation.
• Delivery of recommendations and insights to Filter clients to improve their business, operations, and organizational effectiveness.
• Retention of Filter consultants while maintaining targeted profitability.
• Client NPS for assigned programs and successful mitigation and remediation when adverse circumstances arise.
• New and expanded client opportunities developed through internal partnerships.
• Synthesis and communication of time sensitive information appropriately to help grow accounts or address issues or concerns.
• Contributions to the maturation of the Program Management practice and development of standards, best practices, operational efficiencies, and scalability strategies.