CRM Account Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
We have an exciting opening for an Account Manager to join our busy team working on a major automotive client. Reporting into a Senior Account Manager, you will be a key player in our team and will be the main go-to person for the client, other agencies and internally within Merkle. This is an important role within the team with a considerable degree of autonomy and proactivity, which requires a proven track record of being a self-starter and the ability to make informed decisions.
Essential to the role will be experience from either a CRM or Data agency or from client side, or client-side experience, with a thorough knowledge of databases and data driven marketing, campaign delivery and managing end to end CRM programs
Life as an Account Manager at Merkle
As an Account Manager at Merkle, your day to day role and key responsibility will be to ensure operational success for our clients.
You will be the first point of contact for all client requests and will have strong relationships with both Key Client Stakeholders and other agency teams to ensure that campaign timings and processes are clear and adhered to. This will require you to publish regular status updates, lead/attend status meetings, and represent Merkle at cross-agency briefing sessions.
We are a close-knit team, and work collaboratively to deliver database developments, customer analysis and marketing campaigns in line with the Client objectives. The Account Manager role is vital in ensuring that all deliveries are successful and that the results and measurements are proactively shared. As a team, we’re always looking at how we can improve and enhance the CRM programmes, so your role will include supporting the SAM in both identifying and implementing these improvements and efficiencies.
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
- Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- A selection of other benefits including ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
Diversity & Inclusion
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse and inclusive environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where ideas and contributions are actively encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry.
We have created seven Diversity and Inclusion Pillars. Each pillar is made up of a community of members who serve as role models and spread a message of inclusion throughout our global workplace. Pillar members are responsible for planning initiatives, events and training, along with championing change within our business. These pillars are Gender, Ethnicity, Mental Health, Religion, Disability, LGBT+, Parents & Carers.
Merkle is a place that embraces differences of opinion. To be an advocate for real change we really encourage applications from women, candidates with disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as we recognise that these groups are currently underrepresented in our marketing/technology industry.
- We anticipate the suitable candidate will possess circa 2+ years’ experience working in a CRM or Data agency, or client side experience, with thorough knowledge of databases and data driven marketing, campaign delivery and managing end to end CRM programs
- Proven ability to understand marketing strategy and be able to implement it effectively through customer communication
- Ability to work closely with the Data Intelligence team and understand the value of data analytics, including customer segmentation and modelling, with a particular emphasis on automotive marketing
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gain gravitas with the client early on and act as the face of Merkle onsite
- A team player with the ability to balance client priorities with agency commercials
- Proven experience of managing multiple clients and projects, with added value and a curious and proactive approach
- Attitude is key – we need someone with energy, ideas, curiosity, passion and a proven track record of proactivity and getting things done
- Handling and protection of Merkle information, reporting security events and implementing appropriate policies and procedures
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.