Analytics Director - Media Mix Modeling (Remote - USA)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Director will be an integral part of our US-based modeling capabilities. This role will be responsible for leveraging data science techniques to examine marketing activities and to estimate their business impact to our clients. These projects will include, but are not limited to, Media Mix Optimization, Analysis of Covariance (test & control), Cluster Analysis, and Attribution Modeling of disaggregate event-stream data. This person will be a “player coach”; in some cases, the Director will lead a team coordinating with some of our most important clients on data acquisition, modeling, and presentation of results on high-visibility projects. In other cases, the Director will be hands-on keyboard helping to revise code and drive innovation. This role will manage a US-based and India-based team.
· Coordinate and manage data collection with clients
· Lead teams to develop reports and processes to manage data quality control
· Manage project teams and direct reports effectively to drive innovation in analytics and deliver on client expectations
· Supervise and, as needed, conduct modeling of client data adhering to project timelines
· Interpret and visualize model estimates and diagnostics
· Deliver insights on model results to senior client leaders
· Drive process innovation and continuous improvement
· Bachelor’s degree in at least one of these fields required: statistics, economics, applied mathematics, optimization, computer science, physics; advanced degree preferred.
· 8+ years of experience leveraging analytics to measure marketing effectiveness with a focus on measurement and attribution
· Experience working with and measuring TV, digital media, and CRM data
· Deep knowledge of statistics/data science, including regression, hierarchical or mixed regression, and machine learning techniques (Naïve Bayes, Markov Chain, Random Forest etc.)
· Advanced modeling skills with Python and R
· Extensive cloud environment experience, especially GCP and AWS
· Data visualization experience with tools like Tableau or Power BI a plus
· Understanding of marketing objectives and how different media channels support these objectives
· Proven ability to maintain positive client relationships with the ability to diffuse difficult situations and handle escalated client calls/emails with limited oversight
· Strong communication skills, with the ability to present information in spoken, written or visual form to a variety of audiences, from internal teams to external client executives.
· Ability to manage your team’s multiple client engagements running in parallel in balance with leading a high performing team
· Track record of collaboration with teammates, especially global teams, to share learnings and techniques
· Skilled at coaching, developing, and managing a team
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $144,400 – $209,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/