Senior Account Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The purpose of this role is to provide support and assistance in all areas of managing the client’s business and keeping day to day activities running smoothly.
Merkle Senior Account Managers work proactively and collaboratively with our Business Development, Strategy, and Project Management teams in order to provide our clients with long-term strategic value and dedicated account service. As day-to-day partners with a Merkle sales professional (VP, Business Development or Account Director), Senior Account Managers ensure high-quality and flawless client preparation, research, and digital solutions that drive results for clients and revenue for Merkle. With a profound understanding of our client’s marketing aspirations and Merkle’s digital solutions, they're brand advocates and experts in identifying exciting new opportunities for growth.
Description & Responsibilities:
- Help to manage a portfolio of clients ensuring that we have account plans, roadmaps, and a healthy pipeline
- Ability to learn / adapt to new technologies quickly, generate ideas, and effectively translate / communicate client requirements
- Actively participate in client presentations
- Builds brand expertise, creates and maintains best practices for named clients
- Pre- and post-sale research and presentation generation
- Engagement reporting and analysis with supporting team members, i.e. Business Development, Strategic Services, Project Management
- Attends and / or leads internal meetings and client meetings for BD/AD, if necessary
- Supports Merkle sales professional in revenue generating activities: prospecting, client research, promotion ideation, scoping, documentation such as contracts, invoicing, etc.
- Management of internal administrative systems
- Understanding and participation in the Merkle workstream structure
- Assistance in billing, invoicing, and client P&L management
- Work with disciplines to provide clients with relevant insights on industry trends, best practice, benchmarks
- 5-7+ years of relevant experience:
- Account Coordinator, Marketing, Media Planning, Production, Client or Sales Role preferred
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation and risk management skills
- Sharp attention to detail
- A collaborative ‘one team’ approach that enables client and agency partners to work cohesively.
- General familiarity of the current customer centric landscape and technologies in order to best exploit the capabilities of Merkle products and services
- Excellent writing, grammatical and proofing skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Basic strategic and analytical skills
The anticipated salary range for this position is $80,000-$95,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.