Loyalty Strategist Manager - Digital
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
We are looking for an entrepreneurial agency or client-side loyalty strategist looking for the next step in their career to join our growing team of customer experience strategy specialists. You will be part of a diverse team dedicated to providing insight, analysis and strategic vision as well as activation of strategic planning across channels.
You will need experience in developing and delivering loyalty, reward, contact and content strategies, building cross-channel customer journeys and translating great actionable insights into creative briefs and business cases. You will have an innate interest in the data that underpins your strategies and must be naturally curious about new channels and loyalty trends to keep our client recommendations at the forefront of industry best practice. Your ability to tell a story that captures the imagination of the client will be as important as understanding the analysis that your strategy is based on.
If you’re someone who likes innovation, we need an energetic self-starter who can quickly build relationships, who can get to the core of the clients’ challenges and deliver insightful, data-led loyalty and marketing strategies that meet both customer needs and business goals.
Merkle have great relationships with our client base which is founded in the trust of providing deep expertise. The environment is fast-paced and challenging, but also a lot of fun. You will be working in a vibrant team of like-minded professionals with a variety of skills; providing a place to learn and grow your expertise and the opportunity to specialize in an area of your choosing.
What we are looking for in you
- Circa 5 years experience in client/agency side roles preferably with a focus on loyalty or retention programme design and optimisation
- Strong experience in customer journey planning – predominantly direct channels
- Confidence in working alongside our specialist teams to develop and present complex strategies, translating goals and insights into value propositions and connecting your strategy to achievable and coherent activation plans
- Strong foundational understanding of the use of data to both understand audiences and evaluate programme effectiveness, using this knowledge to plan future rewards, campaigns, content requirements and contact rules.
- The ability to write and deliver a compelling creative brief to the creative team and be able to objectively evaluate creative responses
- Experience defining and understanding customer audiences and needs based on behaviours, value, needs or socio demo criteria.
- Holistic understanding of how people engage with marketing and loyalty programmes and the cross-channel journeys they experience.
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders as a trusted advisor.
- A passion for furthering your own skills in order to make our service better
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
A selection of other benefits including, birthday day off, ability to buy additional holiday, season ticket loan and 2 volunteer days
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.