Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
The Product Owner, Marketing Automation oversees the conception, prioritization, implementation and analysis of complex, high-profile projects and partners with Enterprise Marketing Strategy & Planning in the creation of the agile team/POD roadmap. This candidate manages the prioritization and backlog while acting as a liaison to internal key stakeholders, gathering concepts and requirements for the evolving backlog. The Product Owner possess an in-depth knowledge of the vision, goals and desired objectives and acts as the first authority for decisions regarding business value and functionality for all the work done by the team. The Product Owner uses strategic planning expertise to guide initiatives to maximize the business value delivered by the team. This position is accountable to quickly identify vulnerabilities and obstacles and then in, partnership with key stakeholders, leadership and the agile team, creates innovative solutions.
- Leads strategy and execution on a roadmap that aligns to enterprise priorities. Roadmap includes future enhancements/changes to the product(s) incorporating 12-24 months of prioritized work.
- Influences Enterprise Marketing, IT, Experience Owners, and Segment leadership on future value-stream capabilities as well as prioritization of work/projects.
- Responsible for prioritization of the Agile/POD team’s work and backlog, including technology lifecycle needs; serves as escalation for dependency and conflict resolution.
- Develops epics and user stories for all new work/functionality maintaining a healthy backlog, and ensures new functionality meets the defined acceptance criteria prior to being moved into a production environment through a formal approval process.
- Regularly communicates progress to leadership, stakeholders, and interested parties through Release Notes and end-of-sprint product demonstrations that showcase the new features delivered and overall process against roadmap and priorities.
- Systems Expertise - accountable for having in-depth knowledge of capabilities within all related systems.
- Use systems and business knowledge to plan and scope several interrelated initiatives to help leadership make informed decisions about which initiatives to prioritize and how to prioritize.
- As Product Owner, remain accountable to work within the Agile framework as the subject matter expert; provide vision for what the business wants to build, engage in planning and execution, dedicate significant time working with the Agile delivery team and prioritize backlog.
- Partner with Scrum Master and other Product Owners to manage dependencies and manage risks.
- Maintain a deep awareness of how the business works, its users, the marketplace, emerging industry trends, data, regulation and technology, and organizational strategy to help key stakeholders explore possibilities to most effectively execute on priorities.
- Support the implementation of solutions by building relationship and partnerships with key stakeholders; identify business needs; determine and carry out necessary processes and practices; monitor progress and results; recognize and capitalize on improvement opportunities; adapt to competing demands and organizational shifts.
- Ensure efforts align with Operating Philosophy, Vision, Mission, Values, strategic priorities, and business unit goals and objectives.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 3+ years of related experience as Product Manager, Product Owner
- Experience as a product owner with understanding of the marketing automation (entertainment industry preferred); solid understanding of digital technology stacks and the ability to lead tech/data initiatives
- Highly organized; able to align a variety of interests and to drive efforts that span across more than one team with the ability to make decisions and priority calls based on currently available information
- Strong problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail; experience working on complex, large scale projects as well as handling day-to-day operational requests, driving compliance with all deadlines
- Strong leadership skills; ability to develop and maintain meaningful relationships and trust with partners at peer levels and above; ability to successfully work in teams; strong conflict resolution skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to create and present executive level presentations sharing progress and identifying risks
- Approaches all work with a sense of urgency to get work completed timely and accurately
- Applies analytical approach to assess product gaps and make data driven decisions
- Ability to expand knowledge and quickly learn new skills or technologies
- Self-motivated, collaborative, organized, able to work independently
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- 5+ years of related experience, or master's degree in a related field
- Experience with CRM & marketing automation (preferably Salesforce Sales/Service Clouds or Financial Services Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Adobe Analytics, Datorama)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $100,000-$135,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/