Product Owner/Marketing Automation
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
Product Manager/Data Product Management role responsible for delivering data products and solutions needs. The ideal candidate is capable of constructing and executing sophisticated, interlocking product solutions, managing data integrations and have demonstrated proficiencies in working both inside and outside the organization to deliver results for viewers, partners, and internal marketing teams. This candidate builds fantastic relationships across all levels of the organization and is recognized as a problem solver who looks to elevate the work of everyone around them. If you love data and creating products and capabilities to redefine data and how it is utilized, this is a phenomenal role!
- Define the vision and strategy for data-driven marketing solutions
- Participate in deep dive sessions with end users and subject matter experts as a means to elicit business logic.
- Develop business and technical product requirements, engineering roadmaps, delivery plans, and enable stakeholders with new product capabilities
- Establish strong relationships and partnerships with business stakeholders and collaborators
- Develop detailed user stories with user scenarios, acceptance criteria, and success measures
- Develop creative solutions to business challenges and transform them into product plans
- Partner with Analytics, Data Science, UX, Data Engineering, Data Architecture and Program Management teams to develop, test, and deliver high quality products and features that meet end users' and internal business' needs
- Lead and collaborate on all business readiness activities including product testing, end user education, rollout, iteration, and support
- Coordinate the adoption of new features and capabilities across the organization
- Interface with the client, third-party vendors, and multi-disciplinary teams within Merkle to develop the solution
- Synthesize complex and sometimes contradictory information into concise, readable, unambiguous written requirements at multiple levels of detail across key supporting documents.
- Provide input into the functional design of solution data integration, in cooperation with systems analysts
- Work with remote and global colleagues and the associated schedule flexibility required due to multiple time zones.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience is required
- 4+ years in product management experience with building and delivering successful data products, services and capabilities
- 4+ years experience with marketing, web technologies and systems. (Salesforce Datorama, Looker, Facebook, Google integrations, Ad campaign management, web tagging, mobile SDKs & ID tracking etc.) Agency experience a plus
- 4+ years of experience in client facing roles, experience with writing business and functional requirements for data ingestion, data transformation, integration with various interfaces
- Experience with Marketing Automation
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis and quantitative analysis techniques
- Experience working cross-functionally and with remote team members
- Skilled with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Experience with delivering large scale enterprise applications using big data open-source solutions such as AWS, HBase, Spark, Kafka and Elastic Search / Solr
- Experience or knowledge of No-SQL - DB’s - Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis, Couchbase
- Experience with Tableau or other visualization tool
- Strong communication skills (written and oral), Including client communication and with technical teams
- Planning acumen and proven ability to break down complex projects into achievable and functional iterations, using agile methodology to continuously deliver while driving to product maturity
- Highly analytical and collaborative qualities with strong technical, strategic, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify and work with others to arrive at creative solutions that are not readily apparent and to turn unclear facts into logical patterns and concepts
- Strong leadership skill especially the ability to lead through influence across functional and organizational lines
- Ability to thrive, collaborate, and build great relationships in a dynamic and fast-paced environment where change is the norm
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and rapidly master complex data structures.
- Ability to prioritize and balance competing priorities and make decisions in ambiguous situations
- Knowledge of SQL and one or more of these DB’s - Oracle, MySQL, Teradata
- Knowledge of Customer Data Integration – both known and anonymous customers – processes and best practices is a Plus.
- Knowledge and experience using agile and Scrum in product development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Merkle fosters a diverse environment that encourages original thinking about our business and empowers us to communicate with a global world of customers. We embrace differences of opinion and diversity of thought as they help us challenge and refine our solutions. Merkle, as a best-in-class marketing agency, welcomes big ideas, and believes they can come from anywhere.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $100,000-$35,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/