Senior Salesforce Marketing Cloud Solution Consultant
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, now known as dentsu International.
At Merkle, we embrace new ways of connecting with consumers—harnessing creativity, strategy, and technology to craft data-driven, creatively led, and customer-centric experiences that resonate at the point of greatest impact. A 17-year Salesforce Marketing Cloud Partner and the only three-time Marketing Cloud Partner of the Year, Merkle's full-service team is versed in all Marketing Cloud technologies, including Journey Builder, Social Studio, Ad Studio, Interaction Studio, and Datorama.
We are looking for a Senior Marketing Cloud Solutions Consultant to support implementation of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) projects. You will report to the Manager of SFMC Solution Consultants. You will focus on enterprise-level SFMC implementations, automations and journeys that support omni-channel strategy. To do this, we ask that you have knowledge of Salesforce Marketing Cloud, have experience defining and documenting business processes and system requirements for marketing automation clients, have project management skills and ensure successful implementation of projects.
Considered the best job in the company by those who enjoy solving challenging, complex problems and leveraging all tenants at Merkle to do so. Merkle works with a wide variety of clients, platforms, solutions and software. A Marketing Cloud Solutions Consultant here will never be bored. Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With great benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, we are also a great place to work.
- Analyze client data structures to determine initial data architecture for new Salesforce Marketing Cloud accounts in addition to email related subscription information and event information (i.e. new subscription, abandoned cart).
- Play a major role in the design and implementation of all functionality within Salesforce Marketing Cloud including, but not limited to: Email Studio, Automation Studio, Journey Builder, MobileConnect, MobilePush, and Predictive Intelligence.
- Gather, analyze, translate and document detailed business/functional/user requirements.
- Work with stakeholders and conduct user interviews to assist in building strategies.
- Create technical documentation and user requirements/project documentation.
- Coordinate with PM to manage the implementation of assigned system projects.
- Effectively communicate technical issues in non-technical terms to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor system implementation and user satisfaction. Responsible for issue awareness and resolution.
- Assist in application configurations, integration and acceptance testing.
- Perform gap analysis to determine impacts of the future state requirements on current systems.
- Effective management of project scope through accurate documentation of requirements.
- Identify process improvement opportunities.
- Coordinate with development to estimate enhancements for existing client email programs.
- Provide functional solution deployment support during implementation and post-implementation phases of projects
- 4+ years in a client-facing Consultant role
- 3+ years in supporting Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Experience in Visio or other process flow tool
- Working knowledge of Google docs, Assembla, and/or Excel spreadsheets to track test progress and tickets
- Applicants must have at least 5 years demonstrated experience working in a client facing role
- Understanding of systems and SDLC
- Strong reasoning, analytical, interpersonal, and organizational skills, including research and troubleshooting ability
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning and process definition and design
- Proven leadership and consulting skills
- Preferred certifiied Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email Specialist and Salesforce Marketing Cloud Consultant
- Preferred experience using additional content management or email systems
- Preferred knowledge of AMPscript and SQL.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
The anticipated salary range for this position is $78,525-$121,300. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Merkle is an equal-opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.