Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios.
The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage.
With 5,500 employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 24 additional offices in the US and 25 offices in Europe and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Account Director will own the client relationship, revenue goals, and serve as an interactive promotion expert for HelloWorld. They will be responsible for managing and coordinating all client activities with the corresponding HelloWorld Business Development, Account Services, Project Management, Strategy, and Development teams, as well as working with those teams to provide the client with long-term, strategic value and customer service. They must possess the ability to prospect, close business, and to sell ideas based on clients stated business objectives. They will also need to continually grow/strengthen client relationships and build networking possibilities.
Description & Responsibilities:
· Assist in creating the overall roadmap and plan for Business Development, Project Management, and resourcing to support client’s business
· Forecast partnership potential and set revenue goals. Maintain ongoing sales pipeline and track sales based on goals set
· Work closely with client to ensure that corporate brand, marketing, and business objectives are being met
· Ensure that both HelloWorld and client are working together optimally to foster growth of each other’s businesses
· Share HelloWorld expertise, knowledge, and capabilities within client
· Maintain working knowledge of research products, industry trends, and competitive set as they relate to the client’s business
· Actively consult and provide client with ongoing creative and strategic recommendations to help support their business
· Serve as the client advocate inside HelloWorld to ensure that all HelloWorld teams have the necessary information to scope and complete a project, on schedule and on budget, which includes: client program goals, product knowledge, best practices, and content
· Effectively communicate and support HelloWorld’s Business Development and Project Management teams, process, and documentation
· Continuously manage and set both internal (HelloWorld) and external (client) expectations.
· Collaborate with multiple partners, vendors, and agencies to help facilitate any partnership opportunities
· Monitor and track client’s performance objectives for all their existing initiatives to ensure program goals are being met/exceeded
· Focus on building strong, in-person client relationships through regular contact
· Education: Bachelor's Degree
· 5-8 years of experience in sales, marketing, client services, and/or strategy
· Proven track record of driving revenue
· Excellent organization, communication, and follow-up skills
· Excellent interpersonal, writing, grammatical and proofing skills
· Strong analytical skills
· Ability to handle multiple projects, relationships, and tasks simultaneously
· Extreme attention to detail
· Proficient in MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel
· Managerial experience a plus
· Excellent client management, expectation management, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
· Background in interactive digital marketing with experience in web-related production is strongly preferred
· Excellent presentation skills
· Strong grammatical/proofing skills
The anticipated salary range for this position is $72,960-$105,600. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.