Media Data Scientist
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. Combined with our expertise in performance creative and media, we can then offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer experiences that drive business growth.
In 2016, the agency joined dentsu, one of the world’s biggest media companies to form the Customer Experience Management (CXM) Line of Business.
You will work on some of our most important client accounts and no two days will be the same. You will play a key role in delivering media analytics, managing and ensuring data quality, and overseeing and managing trafficking and media teams to maximise data quality and reporting accuracy.
You will create insight from complex data and provide reports and insight for senior stakeholders. This is an excellent opportunity to specialise in advanced media analytics while building broad agency experience. You will train and develop other people in analytical best practice and will play a key role in optimising data, governance and analytical processes.
You will measure media effectiveness and give hands-on support to larger analytical projects. Analytical experience and familiarity with key statistical concepts are essential and hands-on experience in some or all advanced analytical techniques (e.g. Econometrics) is highly desirable
- Highly experienced in using data and advanced analytics to drive improvement to advertisers’ media strategy either within a consultancy or in the media or marketing analytics function of a leading advertiser
- Track record of using analytics and insight to inform key marketing and media decisions
- Expertise in measuring and optimising both brand / broadcast and performance media with a track record of improving ROMI through robust recommendations and insight
- Experienced in measuring the incremental impact of media and marketing, ideally including econometrics, attribution modelling, A/B testing and/or Structured Media Evaluation
- The ability to synthesise insight for exec-level audiences from large, complex datasets and reports, communicate this effectively to key stakeholders, and to teach others how to do so
- Experience of maintaining and using large and complex datasets with a focus on data quality and reporting accuracy
- An understanding, or experience of, key data environments (e.g. Datorama) and visualisation software (e.g. Tableau), gained either as an end-user or a manage would be advantageous
- Highly analytical with excellent attention to detail
- Problem solving
- The ability to manage up, down and across, often in complex, matrix environments across multiple organisations and markets with or without line authority
- Passionate about unlocking the power of data and analytics to transform the effectiveness of global brands’ media strategies and customer experience
A few of the benefits
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
As you grow into your role, we will look to you to drive our best practices and processes in your area of expertise. Innovation is the lifeblood of our company: we’re always open to individuals pursuing their interests to create new, valuable offerings for our clients. Career progression is huge to us here at Merkle and we’re keen to nurture and develop our in-house talent, thereby offering the successful candidate a fulfilling and long-lasting career.
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere for those choosing to work in the office
- Hybrid working with flexibility to work from home or in the office
- Private Medical Insurance, Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, and season ticket loans