Senior Email Developer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency’s heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 4,400+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with additional offices in the US, Europe, and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network.
The Senior Email Developer consults on, codes, and troubleshoots HTML email messages and related content in support of the digital marketing programs of our clients.
- Develop complex and customized HTML email code that adheres to industry best practices and brand guidelines, and closely matches the original creative design. Additional code-related responsibilities include:
- Consulting on technical capabilities and considerations
- Performing quality checks and peer reviews
- Managing changes and updates
- Scripting for dynamic content, personalization, and segmentation
- Managing HTML content and related assets within clients’ email platforms
- Work with email account production managers to coordinate campaign assets
- Display problem-solving skills to address and solve technical problems that arise
- Keep up with industry standards, innovations, and new best practices in email marketing
- Maintain basic knowledge of data as it relates to HTML code, to aid in troubleshooting critical list errors
- Provide career coaching and mentoring for junior email developers
- Act as a point of escalation for junior email developers on the team
- Support Lead Developers and other internal team leaders to manage escalations and resolve issues
What we’re looking for:
- Three to five years of experience in front-end development or email marketing in a professional environment
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable technical field, or professional experience that demonstrates comparable technical abilities required
- Experience building error-free email campaigns, including responsive HTML emails
- Advanced understanding of web languages and development tools such as HTML, CSS, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Bootstrap
- Advanced knowledge of email platform limitations and code fixes/hacks to resolve (e.g., SFMC, Adobe Campaign, Oracle Responsys)*
*Experience working in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (SFMC) preferred. Other ESP experience (e.g., Adobe Campaign, Oracle Responsys, Oracle Eloqua) a plus
At Merkle, we believe that a diverse environment improves us as a community and as a business. We want to foster an environment of growth, where all ideas and contributions are encouraged. We need this culture of courage to continue to thrive in our fast-paced industry. We embrace differences of opinion. We value diversity of experience and thought, which help us to challenge and define industry-leading solutions, and support our goal of being a great place to work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The anticipated salary range for this position is $68,400 - $80,000. Salary is based on a wide range of factors that include relevant experience, knowledge, skills, other job-related qualifications, and geography. A range of medical, dental, vision, 401(k) matching, paid time off, and/or other benefits also are available. For more information regarding dentsu benefits, please visit https://dentsubenefitsplus.com/