Campaign Specialist - E-mail (MessageGears)
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specializes in the delivery of unique, personalized customer experiences across platforms and devices. For more than 30 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. The agency's heritage in data, technology, and analytics forms the foundation for its unmatched skills in understanding consumer insights that drive people-based marketing strategies. Its combined strengths in performance media, customer experience, customer relationship management, loyalty, and enterprise marketing technology drive improved marketing results and competitive advantage. With 9,600+ employees, Merkle is headquartered in Columbia, Maryland, with 50+ additional offices throughout the US, EMEA, and APAC. In 2016, the agency joined dentsu. For more information, contact Merkle at 1-877-9-Merkle or visit www.merkleinc.com.
We are champions for meaningful progress and we strive to be a force for good—for our people, for our clients, for the industry and for our society. We keep our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. We embed diversity, in our mindset, in our solutions and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable and culturally fluent environment. Building this culture within our teams makes us better collaborators with each other and with our clients, driving better outcomes for all. Merkle is an agency of dentsu.
The Campaign Specialist focuses on the daily operations needed to successfully deploy client email programs. The Campaign Specialist is expected to build and code emails using HTML, create programs, deploy email campaigns, and complete basic reporting. This role is also responsible for deployment process documentation and post deployment tracking.
The successful candidate will demonstrate accuracy (in building email campaigns, quality assurance, deploying of email campaigns, and reporting), meet utilization goals, and have high client satisfaction feedback.
Our highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, and dynamic environment is the perfect place for smart, motivated people to make an impact. With competitive benefits and a dedication to work-life balance, we are also a great place to come work.
- Build, proof, and revise emails and templates in MessageGears ESP (Email Service Provider).
- Communicate with internal team members effectively to execute email campaigns.
- Complete quality assurance checks on every email campaign.
- Utilize Salesforce, Excel and/or Access to modify and update subscriber lists and create segmentation groups.
- Deploy emails and mobile campaigns to appropriate subscriber lists.
- Provide actionable campaign optimization insights based on campaign analysis.
- Collaborate and contribute ideas at marketing planning meetings.
- Track hours, create charge sheets and invoices for accurate billing of time and resources.
- Develop and document efficiencies in current and future processes.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent course work.
- 6 months or more experience with an Email Service Provider (such as MessageGears, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Cheetah Mail, SilverPop, Responsys, Listrak, Lyris, Vertical Response, etc.) is required.
- Experience with basic HTML (i.e. creating tables, links, and bolding) is required.
- Experience with advanced HTML, Adobe Creative Suite and web site analytics tools such as, Google Analytics, Coremetrics and/or Omniture is a plus.
- Demonstrated writing/communication skills.
- Proven record for problem resolution and successful completion of complex projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, and Project are a plus).
- Strong organizational skills and exemplary attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and multi-task and prioritize a high volume of projects and tasks at one time.
- Availability for after-hours work assignments as scheduled.
- Ability to work with diverse departments across an organization.
- Excellent logical reasoning and analytical skills to effectively assess and communicate metrics.
- Passionate about the digital landscape with desire for continuous learning and development.
- Team player.
- Agency experience preferred.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.