Me in Merkle is a series of interviews that showcase the incredible individuals who make Merkle a unique and diverse place to work. This week we chatted to Mei-Lin Timbs, account manager at Merkle B2B.
1. Tell us about yourself. Where did you grow up and where do you live now?
I grew up in London, and still live in here! I moved North of the river for a while, but I am now back in the South West.
2. What drew you to your current career?
It’s a fast-moving industry that I felt like was a big part of my life anyway before I started working in media.
3. What made you choose Merkle?
I had heard great things through previous teammates who had moved here, the clients were interesting and the role included a lot of work I hadn’t done previously.
4. What part of your new position are you most excited about?
Working with such a big client, big budgets and exciting partnerships and sponsorships.
5. What excites you about B2B?
The budgets are big which means you can work on fun and exciting projects which is rewarding to see!
6. What would your advice be to somebody considering a switch from B2C?
Do it! It is great to experience both sides and B2B is an exciting place to be right now.
7. Tell us a bit about your experience so far with Merkle.
Despite starting in lockdown, the support from my team has been huge and the communication within the agency has been great.
8. What inspires you about Merkle’s workplace culture?
There is very much a community feel, I never feel alone and know I can ask for help or guidance whenever I need.
9. What was your dream job growing up?
An air hostess - now I’m happier being the passenger!
10. What three words would you use to describe Merkle B2B?
Supportive, motivating, flexible.
11. Rapid fire:
a. How do you like your eggs?
I actually don’t eat eggs… I think they call me a ‘Seagan’ (Fish + Vegan).
b. What are you currently watching on Netflix/Prime?
I am currently watching Time on iPlayer and waiting for the new season of Succession to come out!
c. What’s your guilty pleasure?
It’s not guilty, but eating out!
d. What is your dream holiday destination?
I would love to go to the Philippines, or back to Central America.
e. Best advice or mantra you live by?
You only regret the things you don’t do.