Media Data Analyst Apprentice
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK and across EMEA. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
As a Media Data Analyst Apprentice, you will be working closely with our media delivery teams to create reports that offer digestible and actionable insights across all marketing channels. Your sources will primarily be Google AdWords, the DoubleClick products, Google Analytics 360, Google BigQuery and Attribution 360 which you would be fully trained in how to use. The role requires you to be comfortable handling large data sets and being able to present back findings confidently to multiple layers within a business.
Life as a Media Data Analyst Apprentice
· Analysing and generating insight from client’s data
· Working with our internal media teams to provide more in-depth analysis and insight to their campaigns to help inform their ongoing strategy and campaign optimisation
· Working on a portfolio of clients creating and maintaining media performance reporting for internal and external use using Excel and other analysis platforms
· Setting up attribution models for our clients and reporting back to them
· Closely working with the media delivery and media planning teams to help pull data driven insights for brief responses and post campaign reports using data analysis tools that you will learn about during your apprenticeship
· When campaigns are live you will support on keeping track of performance using data visualisation techniques to ensure the delivery team are meeting set targets and advising on areas for optimisations
· Creation of wider sector trends and insight reports that can be utilised across the business
· Strong presentation and communication skills; comfortable dealing with multiple stakeholders on an account
· Highly organised with a good ability to prioritise tasks
· Basic experience in Excel (and/or similar software) and comfortable dealing with large data set
· An interest in learning about digital marketing is a bonus
· Data-driven mind-set
· Logical approach to problem solving
· Maths/Further Maths as an A level is preferable but not essential
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Merkle | Periscopix are proud to have consistently featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For. We take great pride in this as it’s awarded as a result of employee feedback – we’re committed to maintaining a positive and enjoyable workplace.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.