Events Manager, Marketing EMEA
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Due to high growth of our business across the region, our growing central Marketing team in EMEA is looking for an experienced, super-organised, highly-driven individual with meticulous attention to detail to lead our growing calendar of events. We anticipate the suitable candidate will bring circa 6-8 years of marketing experience working in a corporate environment delivering large scale events.
Events are central to our EMEA Marketing strategy, directly impacting client growth and the sales pipeline, while also cementing our brand and reputation.
This critical role will ensure our events are flawlessly executed and deliver exceptional client experiences cross EMEA. Our marketing strategy includes our own Merkle EMEA events, joint activities with alliance technology partners, including Adobe, Pega and Google, plus working with our parent company Dentsu Aegis Network and associated group companies. Our major annual calendar event is an ambitious client event in Barcelona, which you will be required to project manage. This is a standalone role requiring a highly effective individual to work closely with the Head of Marketing for EMEA. As part of this role it is critical that you can work with the wider team to draw on resource, delegate and share roles, while assuming overall responsibility of end to end delivery across all our events.
Life as an Events Manger at Merkle
• Lead an annual calendar of events which meets overall marketing and business objectives
• Where required, work independently or collaboratively with the AD of Marketing on content delivery – working with speakers on developing their sessions, and then manage how these sessions are shared during and post event
• Work with the Marketing AD to continually have a watching brief on identifying external new events/opportunities for speaker presences to build an events calendar that delivers against our business needs
• Opportunity to travel in Europe to support key events
• Create and lead detailed project plans to ensure critical deadlines, deliverables and budgets are adhered to
• Work closely with senior internal and external stakeholders, partners and external agencies to deliver world-class events that exceed client expectation. In this role you will engage directly with our senior Leadership Team including the President and the Executive Vice Presidents of EMEA
• Ensure every element of each event is delivered with meticulous attention to detail
• Collaborate with team members such as IT, PR and client partners to ensure seamless delivery of all event activity – from pre-promotion to attendee satisfaction levels.
• Work collaboratively with website and operations teams to ensure internal systems (Salesforce.com and Pardot) are effectively used
• Track, measure and report on event metrics such as budget, registrations, attendee rate, satisfaction levels and lead generation opportunities which support our pipeline
• Create a comms plan including pre- during- and post-comms are delivered on time and to a high standard, in collaboration with the content/comms lead
• Support senior team members
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s about working with people at the top of their game, or taking full advantage of Merkle’s social calendar, our people love working here – and we hope you will too
• Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
• Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
• Free breakfast, coffee, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
• Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
• Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
• A selection of other industry standard benefits
• We anticipate the suitable candidate will bring circa 6-8 years’ marketing experience working in a corporate environment delivering large scale events
• Experience will include coordinating attendance of international industry events, partner events and summits and own brand marketing events right down to smaller speaker events for lead gen purposes
• Strong event project management experience with proven ability to demonstrate success, juggling multiple projects whilst remaining detail-focused and proactive
• Have excellent interpersonal skills and be able to work closely with very senior stakeholders in a collaborative way
• Must have ability to remain calm and professional under rapidly changing circumstances
• Excellent budget management experience and oversite of costs and commercials of events, including delivering value and ROI
• Experience of managing external agencies desirable
• Must be a team player yet work with limited day-to-day supervision
• Some travel (approximately 25% in Europe) and occasional irregular hours during events
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter