Senior Project Manager
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager (SPM) who can bring solid experience of working in the digital marketing space and deliver to an outstanding quality on our commitments; from building MarTech/AdTech and big data solutions to achieving creative campaign development and orchestration. As part of the delivery team you will work alongside the Merkle and client teams to both grow our engagements and deliver on our promises whilst always executing at the highest level. This is a lead role in our business and has both client facing and commercial responsibilities.
Working closely with the Client Partner, Technical, Delivery and Account Management leads; you will be a key part of the leadership team overseeing the cross-functional team members focused on delivering an exceptional service and associated change for your clients.
This role may also involve line management responsibility for one or more Project Managers or Junior Project Managers and will be responsible for oversight of their work as well as their personal and professional development – you’ll be nurturing the Senior Project Managers of the future!
The suitable candidate will bring strong experience of simultaneously managing multiple client facing projects involving technical solutions implementations within a CRM, marketing or marketing services organisation, with responsibility for both delivery and the profitability of the project and client portfolios.
Life as a Senior Project Manager at Merkle
We’re an agency, so your role will have a broad, diverse set of responsibilities within a dynamic and fast-paced environment! Any week might include pitching to a new client; reviewing and planning for growth opportunities; delivering key Change Requests; helping our existing clients make those compelling connections to drive growth; mentoring other project managers and coaching direct reports; or defining and delivering enhancements to our project management processes or systems.
You will be part of a strong, highly performance team within the business, with a reputation for excellence in execution and enjoying ourselves whilst we’re at it! There’s a clear career path and development plan for every team member to help us realise our potential and have the maximum possible impact on the business.
What we are looking for in you
- Proven experience (anticipated circa 8+ years) of simultaneously managing multiple complex client facing projects (range of £500,000 - £1M) involving technical solutions implementations within a CRM, marketing or marketing services organisation, with responsibility for both delivery and the profitability of the project and client portfolios
- Solid experience of planning and controlling complex, multi work stream projects
- Able to set and manage expectations with business users including dealing with key stakeholders when issues arise
- Experience with Marketing Solutions, Digital Transformation & Data Driven Development plus demonstrable exposure to end to end delivery management
- Exposure to both Martech/Adtech and big data platforms is desirable
- Ability to understand data in terms of flows, models and visualization
- Proven leadership, people and line management skills with the ability to inspire your team
- Strong internal and external relationship builder, skilled in negotiation, facilitation and influence, and with a collaborative mind-set and attitude
- Proven ability to manage a high volume workload and handle the pressures that brings
- Project certification, i.e. APM, PRINCE2 or ScrumMaster (required), plus MSP (desirable)
- Proven hands-on experience of building and implementing best-practice project management processes to create structure and process in a growing organization
- Experience in working in B2B and B2C
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.