Junior Email Developer
Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Due to growth of our client base we have an exciting new opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in HTML to join us as a Junior Email Developer. We are a Digital Marketing agency; in this role, you will learn and become responsible for execution of our clients’ email marketing campaigns using a variety of leading industry tools, in particular IBM Silverpop.
The Digital team are big advocates of animated gifs and will help ensure that you are taught how to create these using Adobe Photoshop as well as creating online surveys and landing pages.
The role will give you the opportunity to work across a range of large client accounts and campaign types. The suitable candidate will either have recently completed a relevant degree with experience using HTML, or have some base level work experience using HTML looking for a next move.
Life as a Junior Email Developer at Merkle
· You will be trained by email experts and will learn to create mobile optimized emails from scratch so digital will be your passion!
· There will be regular time for innovation – the team share concepts and ideas and put them to practice to ensure they are the fore front of email innovation
· Conferences such as the Litmus Conference are attended by members of the team
· External and internal training will be offered in the area’s you wish to develop
What we are looking for in you
· Working knowledge of HTML either through a recent degree or work experience; this is a junior/trainee role in the team so we seek a basic knowledge and keen interest in developing HTML skills
· Proven ability to learn new skills quickly
· Ability to demonstrate drive, proactivity and reliability
· Strong attention to detail: ensuring work is produced to the highest standard and error fre
A few of the benefits
Whether it’s the joy of working with people at the top of their game or the Merkle social calendar, people love working here – and we hope you will too
• Career development through Merkle University and other tools; with access to courses, textbooks and mentorship
• Company Pension, life insurance and other corporate benefits
• Free breakfast, fruit and most importantly, biscuits!
• Food Fridays – enjoy a takeaway lunch courtesy of us once a month
• Four Thirsty - have a drink on us on a Friday afternoon!
• A selection of other industry standard benefits
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.