Merkle | Aquila works to extract the maximum value from data to allow our clients to take more effective actions from analysis. We work with organisations to understand their challenges and then identify, structure and use the most relevant data to address their needs.
Our expertise covers the full consumer lifecycle from acquisition through to retention. We firmly believe that the on and offline worlds have merged and that effective analysis should allow our clients to have a holistic view of the effectiveness of all of their channels. We have delivered projects involving both onsite and offsite analytical consultancy and delivery. Our goal is to be fully flexible to suit our client’s needs.
At Merkle | Aquila, we’re passionate about creating change through data. We have a world-class team of data analysts, analytical consultants and data scientists, all intent on delivering outstanding results for our clients.
We’re growing – fast – and we’re looking for smart, motivated data analysts in all three of our locations: London, Edinburgh and Derby. This is an excellent opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the world, enabling them to harness the power of data to improve their businesses. You’ll get to work in areas such as retail and financial services, with exciting brands like Sony, Tesco Bank and British Airways.
A collaborative environment
We’re different, and it’s our people who really set us apart. You’ll find a culture of teamwork and respect that comes from the top down, creating a supportive and dynamic workplace. Discover more about working with us
Data analysts who can really deliver
Our analytical consultants become trusted advisors to our clients. Obviously, you’ll be a technical guru, comfortable with a wide variety of software and languages including SAS or SQL and R. But we’re looking for data analysts who go that step further: who can engage with clients; understand their challenges; and suggest and deliver innovative analytics that help shape their businesses. You’ll be an excellent communicator with a curious mind and creative analytical skills.
As a data analyst, you’ll:
- Work with the wider Merkle Aquila team to provide actionable analysis to a variety of clients
- Be confident leading day-to-day interactions with clients – using your excellent communication skills to understand what they need and helping them look like superstars to their internal stakeholders
- Be able to translate business desire into analytical briefs, with clear objectives and timescales
- Carry out analysis to produce commercially focused results, using a variety of analytical platforms and tools, and using data science approaches when appropriate
- Translate outputs in business action to a wide range of clients – both technical and non-technical audiences
- Identify commercial analysis opportunities within our clients’ businesses
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge developments in data science and analysis that can be applied to our clients, and work with the wider Merkle Aquila team to help develop these into commercial offerings
- Proactively upskill your fellow teammates through our ‘Aquila School sessions’
- SAS or SQL and R
- Experience with Teradata
- Statistical analysis or propensity modelling or segmentation experience
- Microsoft Office
- Mathematics, statistics or operational research degree
- Previous experience in analytical role
- Financial services or retail experience desirable
- Google Analytics or equivalent
- Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Tableau or equivalent
- Previous consultancy experience
- MSc in a numerical subject
We look for people who demonstrate our values
Push when others hesitate, find the problem and fix it. Look ahead, anticipating barriers and share your solutions to be our clients’ secret weapon.
Consider opinions but voice your point of view, shoulder responsibility yet allow others to help.
Keep searching for the next big thing, find new ways of working, lead the action and shape your future.
Be the difference
Take the desired outcome and create the best solution to be our clients’ hidden advantage.
- 28 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Your birthday off
- Eligibility for company pension scheme
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employee of the month reward scheme
- Childcare vouchers and fruit to the office