Graduate PPC Marketing Role (October Start Date)
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle in the UK and across EMEA. Having grown at a tremendous pace, our workforce is now split between two open-planned, modern London offices (London Bridge and St. Katharine Docks). It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
Calling all ambitious, data-driven and enthusiastic recent graduates looking to start their career in Pay-Per-Click digital marketing! We are looking for exceptional individuals to join one of the UK's leading and fastest-growing PPC teams. We're expanding rapidly and are looking to top up our graduate intake on the 15th October 2018.
So, what is PPC? Well, PPC stands for pay-per-click and is one of the most popular forms of digital advertising. PPC does exactly what it says on the tin; advertisers list their ads on search engine results pages and then pay the search engine every time a user clicks on one. The better you are at identifying the users you want to click, the more effective your campaign and the happier your client. Simple.
• We have fantastic training and mentorship programmes in place to help you get up to speed with what we do, learn how everything works and pass your Google exams
• You will be working directly with a portfolio of clients in a wide range of sectors spanning both business-to-business and business-to-consumer
• You will be able to evaluate campaign requirements and goals and to formulate the best approach for achieving these
• You will design and implement campaigns from scratch and may also be required to assess existing campaigns and identify opportunities for improvement
• You will regularly evaluate performance, working to continually optimise performance on behalf of your clients
• You will report back to clients and make recommendations based on your analysis
Thanks to the rapid growth and our commitment to hiring predominantly at junior levels, there are fantastic opportunities for career progression. These include mentoring and training, development of our technical capabilities and thought leadership, driving strategy across multiple accounts, and ultimately the potential to manage a team of specialists.
What we're looking for in you:
- Intellectual curiosity and ambition are personality traits we love
- A great team player, be able to co-operate well and support your colleagues
- You will need to be an enthusiastic and well organised self-starter
- You must be able to work autonomously as well as within a team
- You must be articulate and confident in dealing with clients in a range of roles and organisations
- Strong written English is essential; you’ll be communicating via email and preparing reports
- You must be comfortable with spreadsheets and basic numeracy to be able to present information clearly and to reason your way through problems
- A strong academic record including the following (a 2:1 degree or predicted degree qualification).
Previous experience in our sector is a bonus, but certainly not necessary – we value in-depth research and enthusiasm! Our marketers have completed a vast array of degrees – our teams include linguists, mathematicians, scientists, historians and even zoologists.
So, if you have not come from a Marketing education or background please don't worry; do your research into digital marketing and PPC and show us why you're so interested in this role!
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
If you want to see and learn more about what it's like working at Merkle check out our Instagram!
Career progression is a focus at Merkle and we’re keen to nurture and develop each individual, so they build a long-lasting career with us. It's all about you and how you want to grow and progress!
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.