Graduate Technical Analytics Consultant (London - Immediate Start)
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Marketing and Analytics industry, you can tune into one of our webinars to learn more about what our employees do:
Friday 2nd November at 4pm - https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3561774853099895298
Friday 23rd November at 4pm - https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5371017938070429954
Our Digital Analytics team is rapidly expanding – we’re on the lookout for intelligent, data-loving and logical candidates to join our Analytics Solutions Team!
As an Analyst in our Solutions team you will get hands on experience with different analytics, ad tech and marketing tools to drive insight and performance for our clients. On any given day, you could be working with a global ecommerce brand in the morning and a local services consultancy in the afternoon. You will be involved end-to-end from assessing client requirements & crafting measurement solutions through to implementing tracking in a range of platforms such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium and Adobe Launch.
This role offers a perfect balance of client interaction, critical thinking and hands-on coding.
Life as member of the Technical Solutions Team
You will get your hands dirty from day one as you begin our fantastic training programme. In hardly any time, you’ll be an expert in our field and your role will cover the full spectrum of technical solutions work:
- Devising tracking and reporting frameworks that provide data to a wide range of digital platforms, including Google Analytics, DoubleClick and Data Management Platforms (DMPs)
- Implementation of these plans using tag management tools such as Google Tag Manager, Tealium and Adobe Launch
- Liaison with our client’s developers to implement on-site data layers that support our data collection activities
- Working with APIs and developing scripts to integrate datasets and build reporting & visualisation tools
- Support of A/B testing build work using customer experience optimization tools such as Optimizely, Optimize and VWO
- Hands on analysis of our client’s data to surface actionable insight regarding their website and marketing performance
- Building and maintaining client relationships through day-to-day account management, both written and via face to face contact
- Working autonomously and as a team, with time management a critical attribute
Once you are more established, we will look for you to drive our best-practice and processes in your area of expertise. We’re always open to individuals pursuing their passion in an area and creating a new offering for our clients. Career progression is huge to us here at Merkle and we’re keen to nurture and develop each individual so they build a long-lasting career with us.
What we are looking for in you:
- University Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- The ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Logical thinker
- Good attention to detail
We also really need to see some background or experience in the below:
- Background developing websites or applications (even if it’s just your hobby!) is desirable but not required
- GA is our primary tool of choice so knowledge of the platform is great, but not required (you can always do research before the interview!).
Essentially, we’re looking for intelligent, data-loving, coding obsessed, logical candidates!
Remember, you could have been doing the above in your degree, or free time as well as a work placement! We’re a big fan of variety and take people from all different degree background as we understand everyone has transferable skills. Just blow us away with your in-depth research before your first interview!
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (aka. Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
The Analytics team partner closely with Google and Adobe and are regular beta testers gaining first access to new features. We also provide an extensive training program leading to certifications in our core platforms.
Career progression is huge to us here at Merkle and we’re keen to nurture and develop each individual so they build a long-lasting career with us.
Merkle | Periscopix are proud to have consistently featured in the Sunday Times Top 100 Small Companies to Work For. We take great pride in this as it’s awarded as a result of employee feedback – we’re committed to maintaining a positive and enjoyable workplace.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.