Merkle is a leading data-driven, technology-enabled, global performance marketing agency that specialises in the delivery of unique, personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and with over 25 years’ experience, we are proud to be recognised as a Global leader.
Merkle’s heritage in data, technology and analytics is the foundation for our understanding of consumer insights that drives our people-based marketing strategies. With our expertise, we can offer our clients content-driven, contextual and compelling customer journeys and experiences that drive business growth.
With our Head Office in Columbia, Maryland and offices US wide, we continue to grow at a rapid rate across Europe and Asia. In 2016, the agency joined the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the world’s biggest Global media companies.
Our UK SEO team was founded in the Summer of 2017 and after extensive growth we stand at as a team of 13 with even more ambitious growth plans. As a Senior SEO Account Manager, you will work directly with a range of clients overseeing complex SEO projects whilst supporting the wider SEO account team. This role will be responsible for identifying and resolving technical SEO queries as well as provide ongoing innovative client recommendations. This role will assist in the training of the wider SEO account management team.
Life as an SEO Manager at Merkle:
Works directly with clients in planning and implementing campaigns and strategies while adding value to clients.
- Communicates regularly with clients on status, timeline, deliverables, performance reporting, competitive intelligence analysis and other follow-up items.
- Provides regular reporting and updates on performance to clients.
- Manages and executes online marketing strategies including but not limited to: interactive search engine marketing, search engine optimization, social media, and content development.
- Extracts insight from campaign data, identifies relevant trends and provides well-developed proactive recommendations to enhance and exceed overall client search marketing goals and objectives.
- Exhibits clear understanding of overall client brand messaging and goals, and manages the development of content for search engine marketing purposes, including but not limited to, keyword generation, blog and social media copy creation and website copywriting.
- Works closely with key team members including, but not limited to, Management, SEO Technicians and Specialists, as well as team members in other functions, to ensure client success.
What we are looking for in you:
- 2-4+ years’ experience in SEO and client management
- 1-2+ years' experience managing a team
- Strong client relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Advanced analytical and problem-solving ability
- Familiar with and passionate about online marketing, problem-solving for clients, and SEO
- Advanced problem-solving skills for websites and technical SEO implementation experience including: on-page SEO factors and site architecture improvements, along with knowledge of content management systems
- Able to work with minimal supervision while maintaining focus and productivity
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Experience with HTML editing, FTP, and CMS programs
- Results-and detail-oriented
- Enjoys working in a fun-loving and collaborative environment
- Understanding of paid search engine marketing a plus
- Website user experience and conversion optimization are a plus
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.