Graduate Programmatic Display Marketing Associate (Edinburgh - February 2019)
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
As part of our rapid expansion, we’re excited to announce that we’re now on the lookout for individuals to join our digital marketing and analytics in our brand new office in Edinburgh. A vibrant and exciting city; we’re delighted to be setting up a base in Scotland filled with innovative, forward-thinkers who can shape our success up North.
Looking to kickstart your career in an exciting part of the digital marketing industry? Read on to discover more about our graduate position within our dynamic Programmatic team. Technical individuals who love the idea of handling data-sets and seeing real-time results would be a fantastic fit for this team.
‘Programmatic’ is the term that refers to the complex, automated process whereby targeted adverts can be shown to the right people, in the right place, at the right time, in a variety of different formats across the Web. In the time it takes you to open your favourite news site, click through to an intriguing article, or browse the latest viral videos, a bidding war has taken place to decide which ad will fill the available inventory based on a host of different criteria. It is our job to make sure we’re winning the right battles for our clients.
Our department welcomes new joiners throughout the year; you can be recently graduated or looking for a change of career. Following a comprehensive induction programme, our Junior Associates rapidly build a balanced portfolio of clients that vary by size and industry. A crucial part of the role is using specialist platforms to implement Programmatic strategies that deliver on client goals. We love analysing and identifying performance-boosting opportunities and work closely with clients to ensure they’re getting the most out of their Marketing campaigns.
Life as a Graduate Programmatic Marketing Associate at Merkle
- Learning. On day one, you’ll embark on a structured and comprehensive training programme to learn the core aspects of account management. Beyond that, you’ll be invited to forums, workshops and other events – we know it’s paramount to keep up with industry trends and developments, so the learning never stops!
- Clients. You’ll foster strong, professional relationships with your clients, keeping in regular contact with them through a variety of mediums. In partnership, you’ll work towards achieving the very best performance for their Programmatic advertising.
- Growth. There’s a huge range of opportunities here at Merkle. You might want to become an ambassador for a particular area of Programmatic or be part of a cross-channel working group – whatever it is, we’ve got the willingness and the know-how to help you on your way!
- Connections. We have excellent relationships with major Tech companies, including the likes of Google & Amazon, and we’re often one of the first agencies in the UK to test brand new betas. Junior Associates can attend internal and external events to ensure they’re equipped with the latest knowledge to help provide a top-notch service for our clients.
- Happiness. It’s hard to overstate the importance we place on employee happiness. We want all our employees to enjoy coming to work in our offices (which we’re rather proud of!) as well as working in a super-friendly and supportive team. At Merkle, everyone has a voice and a part to play in driving the organisation forward.
- Enthusiasm, initiative and drive
- Curiosity about the digital industry and the world of business
- A co-operative and supportive personality; a true team player
- The ability to work autonomously and to efficiently manage multiple projects
- Highly articulate in verbal and written communications
- A keen eye for detail
- Evidence of an excellent academic record
- A strong sense of professionalism and a deep respect for others
- Well-developed logic and reasoning skills, including an aptitude for data analysis
Finally, we expect that you’ll have really done your research into Programmatic Display. You don’t need to be a pro (we don’t require you to have any previous experience!), but we absolutely need to see that you’ve read up on recent trends, are familiar with the industry and have nailed understanding the basic concepts. There’s so much to read online; hopefully once you start, you just want to keep reading!
We suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
If you'd like to learn more about the Digital Marketing and Analytics industry, you can tune into one of our webinars to learn more about what our employees do:
Friday 2nd November at 4pm - https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/3561774853099895298
Friday 23rd November at 4pm - https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5371017938070429954
Joining our new office in Edinburgh’s an exciting opportunity as you’ll be fundamental to shaping the culture and vision. There’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas; with your colleagues based across our offices in Edinburgh and London. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values; we want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
· Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
· Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
· Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
· The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
· Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Follow our company instagram for a sneak peek - @merkleuk
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.