SEO Marketing Associate - London - July/October
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based marketing', and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we’re growing at a tremendous pace – and have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We're looking for individuals to join us in summer 2019 - we're growing at a tremendous pace so need more hands on deck to keep servcing our ever-growing client portfolio. If you're a logical and intellectually-curious individual, we want to hear from you!
What is SEO marketing? SEO is Search Engine Optimisation; it’s the practice of improving a website to increase the number of visitors the site receives from search engines like Google. Sites that are poorly designed, irrelevant, or use black-hat techniques will be pushed lower in the list of results while high-quality and authoritative sites will rank higher. SEO specialists at Merkle identify opportunities on clients’ websites to improve how search engines find and rank them. Leveraging a combination of technical, creative, and troubleshooting skills, SEO specialists help ensure clients are visible online.
We welcome new joiners from all backgrounds; you can be freshly graduated, from an apprenticeship or relative work experience background or someone looking for a change of career. Following a comprehensive induction programme, our Junior Associates rapidly build a balanced portfolio of clients that vary by size and industry. We love analysing and identifying performance-boosting opportunities and working with clients to ensure they’re getting the most out of their SEO campaigns.
We are looking for people to join our SEO team in October 2019.
Life as a SEO Marketing Associate at Merkle
- Learning. On day one, you’ll embark on a structured and comprehensive training programme to swot up on the core aspects of account management. Beyond that, you’ll be invited to forums, workshops and other events – we know it’s paramount to keep up with industry trends and developments, so the learning never stops!
- Clients. You’ll foster strong, professional relationships with your clients, keeping in regular contact with them through a variety of mediums. In partnership, you’ll work towards achieving the very best performance for their SEO.
- Growth. There’s a huge range of opportunities here at Merkle. You might want to become an ambassador for a particular area of SEO or be part of a cross-channel working group – whatever it is, we’ve got the willingness and the know-how to help you on your way!
- Connections. We have excellent relationships with companies like Google and we’re often one of the first agencies in the UK to test brand new betas. Junior Associates attend events at Google and Bing to ensure they’ve got the latest knowledge to support in providing a top-notch service for our clients.
- Happiness. It’s hard to overstate the importance we place on employee happiness. We want all our employees to enjoy coming to work in our offices (which we’re rather proud of!) and working in a super-friendly and supportive team. At Merkle, everyone has a voice and a part to play in driving the organisation forward.
We’re looking for analytical, logical and enthusiastic people who are comfortable managing their own time, able to effectively prioritise work and recognise problems and opportunities to seek support as necessary. Having a technical and analytical mind is key to being an exceptional SEO professional.
- Intellectual curiosity and ambition are personality traits we love; you also must be a great team player
- This is a fast-paced role and you will need to be an enthusiastic and well organised self-starter
- You must be able to work autonomously as well as within a team
- You must be articulate and confident in dealing with clients in a range of roles and organisations
- Strong written English is essential; you’ll be writing meta descriptions, communicating with clients via email and preparing reports
- You must be comfortable with spreadsheets and basic numeracy to be able to present information clearly and to reason your way through problems
- Keen problem-solving and trouble-shooting abilities; high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- A fundamental understanding of how the internet works
Previous experience in our sector is a bonus, but certainly not necessary. We value in-depth research and plenty of passion! We expect that you’ll have really done your research into SEO; we absolutely need to see that you’ve read up on recent trends, are familiar with the industry and have nailed understanding the basic concepts. There’s so much to read online; hopefully once you start, you just want to keep reading!
We suggest you apply at your earliest convenience (make sure you’ve done your research!) as our roles are always very popular and do fill quickly. We hire on a first-come basis.
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work. Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site games room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month (Free Food Friday!)
- On Fridays at 4:30pm (aka. 4:Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
Follow our company instagram for a sneak peek - @merkleuk
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.