Analytical Consultant - Derby
Merkle | Aquila works to extract the maximum value from data to allow our clients to take more effective actions from analysis. We work with organisations to understand their challenges and then identify, structure and use the most relevant data to address their needs.
Our expertise covers the full consumer lifecycle from acquisition through to retention. We firmly believe that the on and offline worlds have merged and that effective analysis should allow our clients to have a holistic view of the effectiveness of all of their channels. We have delivered projects involving both onsite and offsite analytical consultancy and delivery. Our goal is to be fully flexible to suit our client’s needs.
This role will be based in Derby
At Merkle | Aquila, we’re passionate about creating change through data. We have a world-class team of data analysts, analytical consultants and data scientists, all intent on delivering outstanding results for our clients.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with some of the biggest names in the world, enabling them to harness the power of data to improve their businesses. You’ll get to work in areas such as retail and financial services, with exciting brands like Sony, Tesco Bank and British Airways.
Analytical Consultants who can really deliver:
Our analytical consultants become trusted advisers to our clients. We are looking for analysts with a minimum of 1 years analytical experience, who are ready to become technical gurus. You’ll already be comfortable with a variety of software and languages including SAS or SQL and R. But we’re looking for analytical consultants who go that step further: who can engage with clients; understand their challenges; and suggest and deliver innovative analytics that help shape their businesses. You’ll be an excellent communicator with a curious mind and creative analytical skills.
As an Analytical Consultant, your duties will be:
- Work with the wider Merkle Aquila team to provide actionable analysis to a variety of clients
- Be confident leading day-to-day interactions with clients – using your excellent communication skills to understand what they need and helping them look like superstars to their internal stakeholders
- Be able to translate business desire into analytical briefs, with clear objectives and timescales
- Carry out analysis to produce commercially focused results, using a variety of analytical platforms and tools, and using data science approaches when appropriate
- Translate outputs in business action to a wide range of clients – both technical and non-technical audiences
- Identify commercial analysis opportunities within our clients’ businesses
- Keep abreast of cutting-edge developments in data science and analysis that can be applied to our clients, and work with the wider Merkle Aquila team to help develop these into commercial offerings
- Proactively upskill your fellow teammates through our ‘Aquila School sessions’
Essential Skills and Experience:
- SAS or SQL and R
- 1 yrs experience of statistical analysis or propensity modelling or segmentation experience
- Microsoft Office
- Mathematics, statistics or operational research degree
- Previous experience in analytical role
Additional experience that could be beneficial:
- Financial services or retail experience desirable
- Google Analytics or equivalent
- Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Tableau or equivalent
- Previous consultancy experience
- MSc in a numerical subject
As a member of Aquila, you will benefit from:
- 28 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Your birthday off
- Eligibility for company pension scheme
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employee of the month reward scheme
- Childcare vouchers and fruit to the office
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.