Senior Analytical Consultant
Merkle | Aquila works to extract the maximum value from data to allow our clients to take more effective actions from analysis. We work with organisations to understand their challenges and then identify, structure and use the most relevant data to address their needs.
Our expertise covers the full consumer lifecycle from acquisition through to retention. We firmly believe that the on and offline worlds have merged and that effective analysis should allow our clients to have a holistic view of the effectiveness of all of their channels. We have delivered projects involving both onsite and offsite analytical consultancy and delivery. Our goal is to be fully flexible to suit our client’s needs.
As a Senior Analytical Consultant, your duties will be:
· Client facing, working with an embedded team within Edinburgh, London, Derby offices and on client site.
· Confident with day to day interactions with clients
· Work with client to define brief, objectives and timescales
· Complete analysis and present back clear commercially focused results and findings
· Identify commercial analysis opportunities within client’s business
· Keep abreast of new developments and applications of statistics in our and our client’s industries
· Mentoring colleagues in areas of specialism
· Identify personal training, career growth, development needs and opportunities in collaboration with internal stakeholders.
· Supporting junior analysts.
Essential Skills and Experience:
Analytics, Digital, Tools and Technologies, Methodologies, Big Data, Research, Problem Solving etc. Provide and share key knowledge and skills with others when requested.
· Analytical mind-set.
· Advanced knowledge of SQL.
· Experience working with (very) large and messy datasets.
· Excellent communication skills.
· Attention to detail.
· Knowledge of relational database design concepts.
· Code automation and optimization.
· Math’s, Stats, Operational Research Degree.
· Previous experience in analytical role.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
· Experience of creating reports and dashboards.
· Experience working with Teradata, SQL Server or PostgreSQL.
· Have had exposure to cloud data storage solutions, such as Hadoop, Hive, or Google BigQuery.
· Experience of working with Web Analytics platforms, such as Google Analytics or Adobe Insights.
· Knowledge of SAS programming.
- Consultancy experience, confidence interacting with clients.
We look for people who demonstrate Aquila’s values
Push when others hesitate, find the problem and fix it. Look ahead, anticipating barriers and share your solutions to be our client’s secret weapon.
Consider opinions but voice your point of view, shoulder responsibility yet allow others to help.
Keep searching for the next big thing, find new ways of working, lead the action and shape your future.
Be the difference
Take the desired outcome and create the best solution to be our client’s hidden advantage.
- 28 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
- Your birthday off
- Eligibility for company pension scheme
- Company life assurance scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Excellent work/life balance
- Employee of the month reward scheme
- Childcare vouchers and fruit to the office