CRM Senior Account Manager
Merkle is a performance marketing agency which specialises in the delivery of personalised customer experiences across platforms and devices. We call it ‘people-based’ marketing, and we are proud to be recognised as an industry leader. Merkle, headquartered in the States, have focused on expansion by acquiring businesses internationally and by joining the Dentsu Aegis Network, one of the largest Global media companies, in 2016. This has offered us opportunity to further expand our growth and services.
The last twelve months have been a whirlwind of pitch wins, new hires and expansion for Merkle EMEA. It’s an exciting time to be joining the company; we have no plans to slow down! We take great pride in our company values and culture; we regularly host socials and strive to create a working environment where our employees enjoy coming into work.
We have a rare and exciting opening for a CRM experienced Senior Account Manager (SAM) to join our team here at Merkle working with a prestigious automotive client. Reporting directly into the Client Engagement Director (CED) you will be a key player in our team and will be the main go-to person for the client and other agencies.
Life as a Senior Account Manager at Merkle
As a Senior Account Manager at Merkle, it will be your responsibility to ensure operational excellence is maintained across all areas of the account; including database management, campaign delivery, email management and campaign reporting. As such you will be working closely with key client stakeholders to ensure that key milestones are achieved i.e. approval of briefs, copy and assets. You will also manage (with the support of an Account Manager) a Campaign Executive and ensure that campaign timings/processes are clear and adhered to and all campaigns are delivered correctly and on time.
You will also work closely with the CED on strategic projects and discussions and ensure that the strategic vision is supported by the campaign activity. As part of this you will be working with the Data Insight team to understand key learnings and ensure that these are applied within the campaign targeting. You will have financial responsibility, including management of financial KPIs and margins, and management of SLAs and reporting
The role will often require you to travel and work onsite at the client based in Milton Keynes.
• We anticipate the suitable candidate will possess 4+ years’ experience working in a digital/CRM/Data agency or client-side experience with thorough knowledge of databases and data driven marketing, campaign delivery and managing end to end CRM programs essential
• Experience of managing commercials; working to agreed/scoped budgets & resource levels
• Proven ability to understand marketing strategy and be able to work with the CED to ensure that this can be delivered through the customer communication programs
• Ability to work closely with Data Intelligence team and understand the value of data analytics, including customer segmentation and modelling, with a particular emphasis on automotive marketing
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to gain gravitas with the client early on and act as the face of Merkle onsite
• A team player with the ability to balance client priorities with agency commercials
• Automotive experience would be an advantage, but not essential
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Merkle’s central goal in Europe is to continue expanding – we’re attracting fantastic clients and growing our business offering at a tremendous pace. To achieve this, we’re looking to hire top talent to drive this growth and to ensure that we continue to be an industry-leading company. We value the knowledge and expertise that can be added to our workforce at senior levels – there’s also plenty of opportunity to continue developing your skillset.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience. At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas at this time.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.