You should be excited by a challenge and looking for an opportunity to immerse yourself the exciting industry of digital marketing, where you can play an active and important role in our agile development process. You would get the opportunity to use a wide array of technologies gaining experience in tools and libraries that have just been released.
Life as a Software Developer
As our developer you will receive on the job training, work with cutting edge technology and be given the freedom to learn independently and work autonomously while still being part of a supportive and collaborative basis.
· Successfully deliver technical solutions that support the wider business.
· Efficiently work to build internal tools on time and to scope.
· Maintain internal coding best practices.
· Work with developers to plan project pipelines and work distribution.
· Engagement with stakeholders on a project-by-project basis.
· Design and build solutions using a variety of frameworks and languages, with a focus on React and .Net Core.
· Receive project briefs and plan an appropriate solution with support from other developers.
· Optimise, troubleshoot and maintain tools and solutions.
· Present solutions back to key stakeholder within the agency, soliciting feedback and the need for any follow ups.
We will offer full on the job training, however, the following skills would be required:
· Ability to design and write reliable, maintainable code.
· Strong problem-solving skills
· Clear, accurate and concise written and verbal communication
· Comfortable working in a fast and agile environment
· Understand concepts of Object Orientated Programming (this can be self-taught or part of a module at university)
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas.
The salary for this role is up to £26,000 per annum.
In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work.
Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.