Graduate Data Management Associate
The Merkle Web Analytics team is one of the most established and highly respected in the UK. Our DMP function sits within the Analytics department and is rooted in analytical practices with a strong eye to media activation. As such we work with a broad range of industry leading clients both in the UK and globally. Our clients depend on us to bring cutting edge techniques and a deep understanding of the technology and platforms we work with to solve problems and drive improvements with their marketing and analytics.
DMP stands for Data Management Platform, essentially a warehouse for all the data a client needs to run an efficient and effective marketing campaign. You will work with our clients to link the relevant data sources that they require for the information they need, into the DMP of choice. From their you'll be able to segment audience groups and market to each in the way that best suits them. This will involve working closely with the Marketing Media team within the business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a smart, data-savvy individual with a passion for data, technology and digital media, as well as an eye for detail and the ability to interact with senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
Life as a Graduate DMP Specialst at Merkle
This role is a fantastic opportunity for someone to learn everything there is to know about a DMP and how it can be useful to clients. You'll move through all the stages of DMP integration from Discovery (finding out how a DMP might help a client) to planning (building a strategy) to activation (building audiences to send targeted marketing).
Your role will encompass all of the below:
• On the job training and online modules to teach you how to use a DMP and how it works.
• Working through all the stages of DMP implementation across a variety of clients.
• Identifying a clients need for a DMP and how it can help their marketing strategy
• Planning how the DMP will help the client, through increasing ROI or reducing spend.
• Implementing the data sources and working on the back end of the DMP to tag websites in order to pull the necessary data
• Building audiences to send to our in-house media teams to target through online advertising
• Reporting to clients
• Continual opportunities to find innovative solutions for business challenge
• Participation in a variety of projects that are diverse in nature
• Responsibility for developing relationships with clients, partners and colleagues
• Sharing of ideas and expertise across a multi-disciplinary team
• Continual investment to support your career development through mentoring, coaching, shadowing, instructor led and online training courses
• A clear framework to map out your career progression
As your career progresses within the DMP team and you become more comfortable with the DMP platforms we would look for you to gain a certification on how to use Adobe Audience Manager.
Most importantly we want someone who has a keen interest in the data and tech marketing industry. We're looking for our graduate to be excited to learn how a DMP works, how a platform fits together.
We also need to see:
- A technology or data focused degree (e.g Computer science, physics, psychology)
- A Logical thinker with an aptitude for finding innovative solutions to solve problems
- Ability to think outside of the box and focus on the bigger picture
- Analytical mindset with the capability of working with numbers
- Keen eye for detail with a genuine passion for data and technology
- Strong interest in marketing and digital media
- Proactive individual with the capacity to interact with senior stakeholders, internally and externally
- Curiosity to learn and drive to be part of a dynamic and exciting space
As we progress and develop as a company, you will too. Within our fast-growing company, there’s plenty of opportunity to develop your skill set and you’ll be encouraged to be curious and share new ideas. In exchange for your contribution to our award-winning company, we make sure you take advantage of a generous holiday allowance and are paid a competitive salary. We’re really proud of our company values and culture; we have regular company / team socials and want all our employees to enjoy coming into work.
Some of our benefits include:
- Friendly, approachable office atmosphere - and business-casual dress code
- Free breakfast (toast, spreads, fresh fruit, coffee, tea)
- Regular company socials (including bowling, Crystal Maze, quiz nights, annual Christmas and Summer parties to name a few!)
- On-site Games Room with ping pong and pool table
- The company pays for our lunch on the last Friday of every month
- On Friday’s at 4:30pm (Four Thirsty) everyone can help themselves to a celebratory drink
- Cycle2Work scheme, free eye tests, a company mobile phone and season ticket loans (post 3-month probation)
At the point of application, the candidate must have the legal right to work in the UK as we are unable to sponsor visas as this time.
Merkle does not discriminate against job applicants on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Experience stipulated in this job description serves as a guide only and all applications will be considered on their merits, irrespective of experience.
As part of our Diversity and Inclusion agenda, and as an Equal Opportunities employer, if you require reasonable adjustments during the selection process please engage directly with your Recruiter.